sensitive iems buzzing with computer
Oct 21, 2009 at 7:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Antony6555

500+ Head-Fier
I just bought a pair of ck100. They sound great out of my ipod (no buzzing), but from my computer I get to enjoy all the inner sounds of the computer, which sucks. It seems to me that the cheapest way to resolve this would be to buy a cheap amp (like fiio e5.) What would you guys suggest? I'm looking for the cheapest option that will resolve the problem.

Oct 29, 2009 at 8:51 PM Post #3 of 6
Not much you can do other than to get an external DAC. An amp alone will actually make it worse, since it'll be amping the noise too. Garbage in, garbage out, etc.

Note, el cheapo USB DAC will power out of the USB port, which itself is probably plagued with noise. Find something with a battery as to isolate at least the power, with a switch to toggle it.

Not sure about what the cheapest DAC with above requirements are though.

Oct 29, 2009 at 8:51 PM Post #4 of 6
It's no surprise. The computer's hp out is very noisy and dirty. I can even here my hdd running when plugging my earbuds in.

You can try using a resistor adapter to decrease the noise a little bit. Best bet is to find a cheap USB DAC/amp combo.

Oct 30, 2009 at 1:27 PM Post #6 of 6
Just wondering, haven't read all the responses, so ignore if it has been discussed. But is all your equipment grounded? if so try to seperate the grounds or just don't ground your pc. Should get rid of some noise.

Regards,
Jonatan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back