Sensaphonics is better than UE and JH A?
Apr 17, 2010 at 12:16 AM Post #2 of 3
Owned two pairs of the old 2X-S. Liked the form factor. Rolled off highs. Wouldn't say they were nearly as detailed or neutral as the JA 13s. I've got a broken pair here and can get them remolded (I've been through 2 pairs of 2X-S and both pair have failed/broken, and not through my fault either IMHO). Could pay $150 - $300 bux or whatever I think to get a remold/replacement. Have chosen to buy a pair of UE-11 Pros and two pairs of JA 13s (I lose custom IEM a lot) instead though.

Who knows, my Sensaphonics experiences are about 5 years old now. Maybe the newer models/drivers are better.

Apr 22, 2010 at 9:26 PM Post #3 of 3
The biggest physical difference between Sensaphonics and other multi-driver balanced armature earphones is the form factor.

Sensaphonics earpieces are hand-made from soft-gel silicone, and require a very deep ear impression (past the 2nd bend of the ear canal). The material provides far better comfort and more isolation from ambient noise than a hard shell. They also maintain their seal better, as the silicone can flex and move with your ear canal (which changes shape with jaw movement) -- very important for musicians in particular.

There are other differences, but these are the biggest and most obvious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back