Sensaphonics and Fit Problem!
Nov 12, 2006 at 1:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jlingo

500+ Head-Fier
I thought I would share with you my experience with Sensaphonics fitting. I received a brand new Sensaphonics last week. After using it for over 1 hour, My outer left ear felt sore. The longer I wore it, the more pain I was experiencing. The right ear felt perfect, very comfortable.

I thought to myself, I must have a fitting problem with my left monitor. That’s not good at all since I may end up having to send my Sensaphonics back together with a new impression. Then I noticed my old impression and compare them side by side with the monitors.

I noticed my left monitor didn’t have the same shape curvature as the impression. I guess the problem was not with the impression but with the monitor itself. So I wouldn’t blame my audiologist just yet for making a bad impression.

I decided that it was time for me to go ahead and covert my left monitor to at least comply to the impression as close as possible. I shaved off my left monitor bit by bit with patience. Shaving a brand new Sensaphonics didn’t feel good at all.
BUT THE RESULTS ARE REWARDING! I could say that my left pain is gone. Wohooo!

Sometimes I’m thinking if I own an acrylic like Ue10 or Es2, how could I shave off the monitors that easily, since it’s made of a hard material, I may end up cracking the whole monitor, I guess. Anybody has tried this with their Ue10 or Es2 which are acrylic base?
sensaphonicsproblem.jpg

Nov 12, 2006 at 2:48 AM Post #3 of 3
Excellent stuff. I'm glad you did that! It would've been expensive to have Sensa remold them!
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back