Sensaphonics 2x-S Bass
Jul 23, 2004 at 7:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Tyson

Headphoneus Supremus
I've got to admit since I've had my sensaphonics I've been mainly listening to my classical and jazz collection, and some pop, mainly just enjoying their razor sharp clarity. Today for the first time I was in a techno kinda mood, threw on The Chrystal Method and HOLY SH!T the bass on these things ROCKS!!! Man, I had no idea these things could kick so much bass, and keep it super tight and defined at the same time. My co-workers are looking at me funny cause I'm sitting here rocking out and all they hear is absolute silence (due to the isolation). Anyway, I'm just blown away & thought I'd share.

Jul 23, 2004 at 7:19 PM Post #2 of 8
LOL, thats great man. I can just picture someone sitting there bobbing there head with no "music" playing. Just for kicks, you should tell them that there's a band playing music in your head.
tongue.gif

Jul 23, 2004 at 8:02 PM Post #3 of 8
Yup yup.. the deep, textured, detailed, and full bass is extremely fullfilling
smily_headphones1.gif

The best bass I've heard out of all the headphones under $1,000... only because I haven't had a headphone that costs more than $1,000 in itself.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 24, 2004 at 12:39 AM Post #4 of 8
What I find amazing is that they don't sound "bass-y" with music that doesn't have loud bass in it. Like symphonic works don't sound like the double basses or Cello's are overly prominent, they sound perfectly integrated into the rest of the orchestral balance. But, when I put on techno or rap, which does have a lot of loud bass, it can really pound in to you. Even then it's not loose and boomy, just BIG and IMPACTFULL. Really impressive.

Jul 24, 2004 at 1:01 AM Post #5 of 8
STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT

If you people keep talking about them I will have to buy them and that's not cool.
wink.gif

Jul 24, 2004 at 2:17 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyson
What I find amazing is that they don't sound "bass-y" with music that doesn't have loud bass in it. Like symphonic works don't sound like the double basses or Cello's are overly prominent, they sound perfectly integrated into the rest of the orchestral balance. But, when I put on techno or rap, which does have a lot of loud bass, it can really pound in to you. Even then it's not loose and boomy, just BIG and IMPACTFULL. Really impressive.

Exactly, that's what I meant by the mid-bass and low-bass separation of the 2X-S. Essentially only the instruments that were supposed to have a big, vibrating bass will do so. Other instruments that's supposed to produce a clean bass will only produce that.

Very, very accurate rendition of different types of bass, imo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stark23x
STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT

If you people keep talking about them I will have to buy them and that's not cool.

Deal with it.. hahahahaa...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back