Sensaphonic T2XS first impressions
Jan 25, 2005 at 10:44 PM Post #16 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnRich
No. The T2XS is the same as the Sensaphonic 2X soft.

The name for the PX-200 in the UK is PX-200.

oops...that's what i meant - not the senn px-200, but whether the T2XS was indeed the same thing as the 2X soft. sorry for the mixup...

Dec 8, 2005 at 1:01 PM Post #17 of 74
hmm, im in the uk as well and was considering getting the t2sx...

ive got um2s and was thinking about custom moulds, but the quote was £120 which is virtually the price of the um2s themselves, which makes me think i might be better off selling the um2s and buying a more expensive phone...

so my question is, how much (roughly) are the t2sx's?

(apologies for asking a question not really related to the thread, but i figured since there were so many uk t2sx owners replying to it...)

Dec 9, 2005 at 10:43 AM Post #18 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by tezzla
hmm, im in the uk as well and was considering getting the t2sx...

ive got um2s and was thinking about custom moulds, but the quote was £120 which is virtually the price of the um2s themselves, which makes me think i might be better off selling the um2s and buying a more expensive phone...

so my question is, how much (roughly) are the t2sx's?

(apologies for asking a question not really related to the thread, but i figured since there were so many uk t2sx owners replying to it...)

I paid about £499 total (including moulds) at ACS in Harpenden. I also got the silver presentation case with everything in it.

Simon

Dec 9, 2005 at 11:21 AM Post #19 of 74
Congratulations! You've really got yourself a beast of an IEM.
evil_smiley.gif
Enjoy!

Jan 6, 2006 at 9:28 PM Post #20 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by pingles
Upgraditis hit me again over christmas as a result of breaking my Shure E5cs on my way into work. Although Shure were excellent and fixed them, I got curious about what custom IEMs might be like. After considering the UE5cs, I eventually settled on the Sensaphonics. Primarily since I could buy them from their UK distributor/manufacturer, ACS Ltd. in Harpenden.

Overall, a high recommendation from me. I can confidently say that I doubt there'll be any more headphone purchases in future, I'll also be making sure accidental damage is on my insurance, and that my iPod gets a real working out. I should also highly recommend ACS where I bought them -- it took a little under 2 weeks from impressions to me getting them.

Man I love these things.

I'd be keen to know if someone at ACS explicitly stated that they're a UK distributor for Sensaphonics. Just spoke with the people as Sensaphonics who said their only other distributor is in Japan, and they have no knowledge of this company or its products, other than people in the UK calling them and asking them if they are. To which the answer is "no" - They've heard that ACS is claiming their client list and has also used a review by lindrone - editing out ProSonic 2X-s and replacing it with their model name - but that again, they say if you want a prosonic 2x-s, sensaphonic us or japan are the only people distributing it. Talk with Doris and see what she says from sensaphonics

It may be as these reviews state that the ACS model is a great IEM. and very similar to the 2X-s - but claiming to be a sensa distributor - if that's what they've said, is apparently false.

My emails to ACS to ask for clarification have gone unanswered. Has anyone else had them make explicit claims about being a sensa distributor?

best
mc

Jan 6, 2006 at 9:29 PM Post #21 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by pingles
Upgraditis hit me again over christmas as a result of breaking my Shure E5cs on my way into work. Although Shure were excellent and fixed them, I got curious about what custom IEMs might be like. After considering the UE5cs, I eventually settled on the Sensaphonics. Primarily since I could buy them from their UK distributor/manufacturer, ACS Ltd. in Harpenden.

Overall, a high recommendation from me. I can confidently say that I doubt there'll be any more headphone purchases in future, I'll also be making sure accidental damage is on my insurance, and that my iPod gets a real working out. I should also highly recommend ACS where I bought them -- it took a little under 2 weeks from impressions to me getting them.

Man I love these things.

I'd be keen to know if someone at ACS explicitly stated that they're a UK distributor for Sensaphonics. Just spoke with the people as Sensaphonics who said their only other distributor is in Japan, and they have no knowledge of this company or its products, other than people in the UK calling them and asking them if they are. To which the answer is "no" - They've heard that ACS is claiming their client list and has also used a review by lindrone - editing out ProSonic 2X-s and replacing it with their model name - but that again, they say if you want a prosonic 2x-s, sensaphonic us or japan are the only people distributing it. Talk with Doris and see what she says from sensaphonics

It may be as these reviews state that the ACS model is a great IEM. and very similar to the 2X-s - but claiming to be a sensa distributor - if that's what they've said, is apparently false.

My emails to ACS to ask for clarification have gone unanswered. Has anyone else had them make explicit claims about being a sensa distributor?

best
mc

Jan 6, 2006 at 10:56 PM Post #22 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcygn

best
mc

You've got to be kidding. If what you said was true, Sensaphonics in the U.S. would have already had ACS sued and closed down in a matter of seconds and they certainly knew about their existence beforehand. ACS doesn't distribute ProPhonic Soft 2X, but the name of the IEM's they manufacture is T2PRO (earlier known as T2XS). T2PRO is Sensaphonic ProPhonic 2XS under a different name (with several enhancements in their construction which, I think, are also available in the U.S. form). ACS has also come up with a brand-new IEM, apparently unavailable in the U.S.- T2i. It seems that it is ACS now where the progress goes forth. ACS has also got way more different products available than Sensaphonics in the U.S. It is not the hottest piece of news that it was the U.K. people who actually taught U.S. technicians how to make and work with the IEM's. I know that they were official U.K. distributors of Sensaphonic ProPhonic 2XS under a different name. As for their current affinity I don't know.

Jan 7, 2006 at 12:22 AM Post #24 of 74
ACS has never claimed to be a distributor for Sensaphonics. Bob Bieny (ACS) and Michael Santucci (Sensa) work closely together and the T2XS from ACS is absolutely exactly the same as the Sensas.

I called Sensaphonics in the US to ask who could do my impressions and they gave me the name of Hearing Healthcare Protection, based in the same town as ACS. HHP do the moulds (and their main business is hearing aids), and ACS do the manufacturing of the IEMs.

Simon

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcygn

best
mc

Jan 7, 2006 at 1:05 AM Post #25 of 74
I have been to ACS this week and had my impressions done for a pair of the T2i's. They were great with their customer service giving me lots of time and insights into their products. I am getting custom molds done for my ER4p's at the same time. Hopefully I will be picking up my goodies next week. Can't wait to hear them.

Simon, good talking to you this week - thanks for your help.

Jan 7, 2006 at 1:17 AM Post #26 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by aroundsound
I have been to ACS this week and had my impressions done for a pair of the T2i's. They were great with their customer service giving me lots of time and insights into their products. I am getting custom molds done for my ER4p's at the same time. Hopefully I will be picking up my goodies next week. Can't wait to hear them.

So, you've decided to go with these ones
evil_smiley.gif
. Nice choice. Both T2i's and T2PRO's are premium choices anyway. Congrats.

Jan 7, 2006 at 1:27 AM Post #28 of 74
Quote:

Simon, good talking to you this week - thanks for your help.

Hi

I haven't forgotten your CD - just need to go and buy some (I ran out!).

Good to talk to you too.

Simon

Jan 7, 2006 at 1:31 AM Post #29 of 74
Quote:

root - yeah! you were also instrumental in my choice, thanks.

No problem mate
biggrin.gif
. What colour did you choose?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back