Sensaphonic Sleeves For Etymotics (or Shures)
Nov 21, 2004 at 4:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

pianomaster

New Head-Fier
Perhaps as an option for people who can't afford the 2X-s, i'm seeing for the first time that sensaphonic is offering custom-made silicone sleeves for all the Etymotic and Shure IEMs...has anybody tried these out? they don't give any info as to price, so i don't know it if would be worth the cost (btw, how much does the 2X-s sell for?) i've had a pair of ER-4s for about 5 years now, and still love them, but was wondering what improvements these molds might offer?? take care guys!!

http://www.sensaphonics.com/etymotic.html

Nov 21, 2004 at 4:54 PM Post #3 of 3
The results for custom sleeves will vary depending on how convoluted your ear canal is compared to the tube length/direction of the standard tips.

I recently got some made for my ER4Ps via the www.earplugstore.com site. They fit well and feel more comfortable than the foam or flange tips, but the isolation is slightly less than with perfectly inserted tri-flanges.

I can look into the sleeves with the ER4s fitted and see the green filters pointing squarely down the last part of the sleeve, which would seem ideal; for me the sound seems only slightly different to the generic sleeves but the differences are stronger/better bass and clearer placement of instruments/singers across a wider soundstage.

Cheers
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back