Senns PX 100 and KOSS Porta Pro Upgrade ??
Apr 7, 2007 at 1:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

eternality.pl

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, I'm completely new to this forum so I'll pu things straight.

I already own A Sennheiser PX 100 and Koss potra pro Which I both consider a
great phones. However I was wondering If I can get something with less bass (porta's bass is overwhelming IMHO) but still good bass and a decent soundstage with good mids and highs. The cans MUST be portable and would be best if they were closed ones.

So recently I've found some threads on ATH-SJ5, could anyone who had both SJ5 and PX 100 can tell me if they (SJ5s) can be considered a signifcant upgrade ??

Or maybe you ppl ( I see u have a great knowledge here
wink.gif
) can reccomend me something ,let's say 150$ with shipping max. Please remember about portability (so size, weight, foldability) and I have to admitt that look does count ( I don't want some ugly headphones u know
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Waiting for your suggestions and thanks in advance
smily_headphones1.gif

P.S. I live in Poland, EU, so I'll have to import u know
smily_headphones1.gif
Please bear that in mind ( I don't know of shipment fees and taxes - I certainly woudn't want to see that a headphone I ordered costs 50% more cause of taxes
frown.gif
)

Apr 8, 2007 at 7:15 AM Post #2 of 2
Sennheiser HD280 Pro. Problem is that you won't get closed headphones at this price range with less bass quantity.
If I were you, I'd try some Grados. They are quite portable and provide sound which you preffer.
Quote:

( I don't know of shipment fees and taxes - I certainly woudn't want to see that a headphone I ordered costs 50% more cause of taxes
frown.gif
)

Buy at ebay.com and don't have any problems
smily_headphones1.gif

BTW, why not save about 30$ and buy Etymotic ER4? They will meet your needs: nice sound, great isolation and they are portable as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back