Sennnhieser 800s demo
Nov 1, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #16 of 19
If you read innerfedelity's review, they added distortions to the lowend to add more body to the sound and reduced the 6k somewhat, still the response is treble heavy and that outputs more of an in your faced detailing, and doesn't mean it's the resolving headphone. The boost of treble shifts the tonality to metallic side. 800s is still hasn't leveled their treble enough. Not worth retail or the high pricing.

The proponents of 800 argue the right amp is rquired to not sound shrill. The characteristics are shrilly sound. I expect balanced response at the pricepoint.
Interesting. All I know is I'm liking them better than hifiman400i and the audeze that I demoed

Nov 1, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #17 of 19
Thx some suggest. With the 800s. Sennheiser added base and reduces the treble. So a tube amp is not needed.

Just saying, I had the Asgard2 & it sound o.k. with the HD800, until I began testing better gear & then it flat out sounded horrible with the HD800.
With each increment you go up, the HD800S get better & better. With low end gear like that, you aren't coming close to hearing the full potential.

Nov 1, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #18 of 19
Just saying, I had the Asgard2 & it sound o.k. with the HD800, until I began testing better gear & then it flat out sounded horrible with the HD800.
With each increment you go up, the HD800S get better & better. With low end gear like that, you aren't coming close to hearing the full potential.
Gocha. Can't see me with a $2000 amp. What would u buy for $1000

Nov 7, 2017 at 5:59 AM Post #19 of 19
Bought the 800s. I'm looking for a new amp with extreme detail. I believe you have to go solid state to achieve this.
Any suggestions on a amp for micro detail? Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back