Sennhsier HD650 Best Bang For Buck Cable Upgrade?
Nov 11, 2011 at 7:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

jimithing60089

New Head-Fier
I've never really had headphones that had interchangeable cables before, so I was just wondering if its really a drastic difference when you upgrade the cable?  If it is, what is the best bang for the buck as far as HD 650 cables go?

Nov 11, 2011 at 7:45 PM Post #2 of 7

Quote:
I've never really had headphones that had interchangeable cables before, so I was just wondering if its really a drastic difference when you upgrade the cable?  If it is, what is the best bang for the buck as far as HD 650 cables go?

Some guys notice some difference others not. Opinions about recabling may vary. 
Is there something you dont like about your 650's? 

Nov 11, 2011 at 9:14 PM Post #4 of 7
What components do you have the HD650 hooked into? Pouring funds into a cable "upgrade" should be at the very bottom of the list of priorities to get the most out of the HD650.

Nov 11, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #5 of 7

Quote:
What components do you have the HD650 hooked into? Pouring funds into a cable "upgrade" should be at the very bottom of the list of priorities to get the most out of the HD650.

Pouring funds into it? A Mogami recable cost me under $30. Worth every penny, but requires learning how to solder
biggrin.gif

$200 cables make me sad.

Nov 11, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #6 of 7
Sonic arguments aside, the stock cables look reedy and spindly for a headphone that costs $499 out here.

I'd go the DIY route if I were you, even if you have to source the materials yourself and then get
someone else to crimp and solder it together.

Over here the cord connectors can be sourced from Sennheiser HQ for $23AUD a set.

That means you're missing a length of Mogami cable and a 1/4 plug end.

Should be easy to put together for under $65 or so.

Nov 12, 2011 at 12:50 AM Post #7 of 7
I was never really a 'cable guy', but once I had replaced the cabling on my HD-600's and HD-650's to Stefan AudioArt Equinox and Cardas (blue smurf) respectively I have noticed a considerable and audible improvement - well worth the investment!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back