Sennhesier HD201 with built in powered preamp and single sided cable
Dec 6, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #3 of 7
The internal volume stayed the same - the external volume on the battery side increased a bit though. The cover protrudes by about 3 mm.

Dec 6, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #5 of 7
This is awesome! I've been thinking about doing something similar to my pair of 439's, though also implementing wireless through a bluetooth receiver. That done, they might replace my Crossfade LP's as typical walking-around-town headphones.

Dec 6, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #6 of 7

Actually, it's pretty effin' awesome. How does it sound?

Well, it sounds more powerful, to start off with. It also has more bass, because the circuit is from a pair of Beats Studios.

This is awesome! I've been thinking about doing something similar to my pair of 439's, though also implementing wireless through a bluetooth receiver. That done, they might replace my Crossfade LP's as typical walking-around-town headphones.

Similar to this?

Dec 6, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #7 of 7
  Well, it sounds more powerful, to start off with. It also has more bass, because the circuit is from a pair of Beats Studios.

No love for building your own circuit? You could totally do a barebones Cmoy that size.  :) 

Does the amp board from the Beats have a bass boost? That is pretty interesting to learn. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back