Sennheisser Amperior vs Beyerdynamic 1350
Apr 12, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #3 of 9
I will be using a ipod nano 6th gen. My music library is mostly electric, pop, and rock. The only other head phones I have heard that would be considered "higher quality" would be Beats solo, but they were my friends.

Apr 12, 2012 at 5:56 PM Post #4 of 9
You should spend $50 of your apparently $250-ish budget on a Sansa Clip+, $20 or so on a microSD card, and look at cheaper cans, if you have to; the M80s in your signature are reportedly a solid choice at that price, unless isolation is a high priority, in which case maybe look at the original HD25-I II since you are looking at the Amperior. The nano isn't really a good enough source to take advantage of cans like the Amperior or DT1350s.

Apr 12, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #7 of 9
By the way, the phones you are looking at are very, very different the Beats in their sound, so if you liked your friend's Solos, you won't have to spend that much money to get the sound you want. If you liked the Solos, or at least thought they were decent, I would suggest checking out something like the Creative Aurvana Live! which are a rebranding of a much more expensive phone that, by all reviews I've read, bests most of the phones in its price range, especially if you like nice bass.

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-EF0060-Aurvana-Live-Headphones/dp/B000ZJZ7OA

More expensive headphones, like the ones you were looking at, are usually tailored to rather specific tastes; the CALs are good headphones, almost on par with the ones you are looking at from a technical standpoint, and have a much more all-around style sound signature. You should check out |joker|'s extensive review of portable headphones for good reviews and other possibilities, he reviews the CALs as well as the DT1350 and the HD25-I IIs which the Amperior is based on:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/433318/shootout-101-portable-headphones-reviewed-skullcandy-mix-master-added-04-06-12

Apr 13, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #8 of 9
Tyll at Inner Fidelity has somewhat of a comparison.

Apr 24, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #9 of 9
Are the drivers of the amperior and hd25 exactly the same? If so, the $150 premium for an aluminium cup is a bit steep. $50 maybe. Also, does anyone knoe if the HD25-SP uses the same driver?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back