Sennheiser's Momentum 2.0 aren't actually that good...
Nov 27, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #31 of 37
I just got my HD6XX (HD650), and I must strongly disagree with the poster who compared their sound to the Momentums. Even after a short listen it's clear that these two are in different universes. The 650s surround you with engaging and natural sound, while the Momentums sound like a bad digital car system.

Jan 4, 2020 at 1:30 AM Post #32 of 37
These headphones are terrible. Sounds like im inside a tin can. I'd put them on par with HD4.5 sound without anc on. Very 2 dimensional and left/right oriented. The worst part is you can't turn the anc off without wiring them. I had about 100 bucks worth of rewards for BB and thought they would be a sonical upgrade to my aging pxc 550's so with the recent discounts due to the M3 release, dropped the ball. I'm returning these tomorrow. I can't believe they are so lauded on every review. It is starting to make me think people are deaf from listening to their music too loud :D The pxc 550ii's sound identical to the originals so I saw no reason to waste money on BT5.0. I'm really wondering about the M3's at this point and will try to find a place to demo to see how much "better" they are than the M2's.... as some reviews claim, but won't be buying them. Pxc 550's are my cup of tea over almost any other anc can I've tried... so that's where I'm coming from FYI. I doubt the M2's are even on par with the Sony M3's. What the hell :frowning2:

Jan 4, 2020 at 3:13 AM Post #34 of 37
Dont forget the on-ear versions and the over-ear versions have slightly different sound signatures

I can only speak from 1.0 experience, but the on-ears were much more U-Shaped. The over-ears were more "refined", with tighter (but still loose) bass. Bit less U to the U-Shape.

I tend to use my 1.0 overears I got them free) for travel if my Ether CX are too big or heavy to travel with.

Are the Momentums bad? I wouldn't say "bad" but given the price, I'd expect more on the sound front. Build is actually quite great.

Jan 4, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #35 of 37
The soundstage, while not as wide is similar to the HD650s, the 'three blobs' often mentioned. Another similarity to the HD650 is that the M2s do vocals pretty good, less clean and smooth than the HD650 but I find the M2s to be euphonic in this area, it sounds like a harmonic distortion done well.
Yes I like them, a lot actually.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2020 at 4:29 AM Post #36 of 37
Just bought my first hybrid IEMs (Oriveti New Primacy). OMG, compared to them, music with Momentums sounds so veiled. In the midrage I hear so much more detail it's not even funny. I liked M2 before, but the sound quality is not comparable.

Jul 16, 2020 at 8:41 AM Post #37 of 37
Renewed love for my Momentums. Used them exclusively the last week and although they are my least favorite pair of the headphones I own, it doesn't mean they suck.
On the contrary, I enjoy them a lot. Comfort seems to get better the longer time I use them. And aren't they beautiful?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back