Sennheisers HD 598 Bass and volume question?
Dec 9, 2015 at 1:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

teroja

New Head-Fier
hello! I just got a new pair of HD598 black edition from amazon and i have to say i feel like i am misusing them. they are not as loud as my other pair (corsair Vengeance® 1500 ). SO i used MusicBee to boost the EQ but it just destroys the tracks.... what should i do is there any way of increasing the volume of 320kbps mp3 and flac without this huge loss of quality?

Dec 9, 2015 at 5:05 AM Post #2 of 5

I bought the same pair as a lightening deal but I returned it immediately. Although I don't have a problem in volume, my personal feel is that its bass is way too weak with Fiio X3 II and iPhone (without AMP). 

It works in an acceptable way by plugging into my Marantz SR5008 AV receiver. I don't see a point to keep it even for 100 bucks.

Dec 9, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #4 of 5
I am no expert, but I think they sound great for $100-$150 but they are light on the bass and are not good for all types of music.  They are 50 ohms so a bit harder to drive than earbuds or headphones down in the 30 ohm range.  I think they are a bit veiled.  Female vocal sound great as does slow transitioning music.  Good build quality for the price and very comfortable for me.  Different sound signatures appeal to different people.  I upgraded to the HE-400i, but still have the HD598. 

Dec 9, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #5 of 5
Hello there! I bought the same headphones too during Thanksgiving. They sound great, and IMO this is a great balance between price and performance. Mine aren't quiet at all paired with my laptop and iPod. If you need more volume, I suggest you to do a little research on amplifiers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back