Sennheisers Game One Headset
Jun 22, 2015 at 6:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

techen

New Head-Fier
Heya guys, I just got my new headset and love it. However, I feel my soundblaster Z just isn't giving me that juice I want and I want to be recommended a decent DAC that would work for these headsets, Keeping in mind the DAC needs to be plugged into my PC and maybe a MIC slot as well but just whatever, Could anyone recommend anything?

Jun 23, 2015 at 11:27 PM Post #2 of 4
What is your budget?

Do you use any virtual surround features of your sound card? If so, you will need an optical DAC, not a USB one, so that you can hook it to your soundcard.

Be aware you will need a DAC + headphone amp. Either two separate components or a combined unit. Maybe you might just want to try a headphone amp first connected to your Soundblaster Z?

Jun 24, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #3 of 4
Sadly to inform you, but you won't benefit much from an amp, g4me zero is just a bassier version of pc 350, which is pretty much a hd 380 + microphone. HD 380 is less demanding than HD 558 and even there an amp doesn't make a huge change. Your soundblaster z is definitely enough for g4me zero/one.

Jun 25, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #4 of 4
  Sadly to inform you, but you won't benefit much from an amp, g4me zero is just a bassier version of pc 350, which is pretty much a hd 380 + microphone. HD 380 is less demanding than HD 558 and even there an amp doesn't make a huge change. Your soundblaster z is definitely enough for g4me zero/one.

I infact put a bigger soundblaster card in my computer and I can tell you it's improved the sound I get from my Game Zero headset. Not only that, But when compared to my HD 558's there's very little difference between them. That's my view anyway, Maybe am not attuned that much to the sound but yea. I think I prefer my Zero's over my 558's, Deffo moreso for gaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back