Sennheisers don't bend: Or how to destroy a $150 headphone in 5 minutes
Feb 20, 2008 at 10:22 PM Post #31 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by jirams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Carbon fibre is a myth on Senns.

I actually believe that the real myth is that carbon fiber on Sennheiser is a myth. If it's a myth, its certainly repeated by enough dealers.

I called Sennheiser and once they verify the ebay seller is an authorized Sennheiser dealer, they said they would repair the headphones under warranty.

Feb 20, 2008 at 10:29 PM Post #32 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I actually believe that the real myth is that carbon fiber on Sennheiser is a myth. If it's a myth, its certainly repeated by enough dealers.

I called Sennheiser and once they verify the ebay seller is an authorized Sennheiser dealer, they said they would repair the headphones under warranty.

sweet, glad to hear your are getting them fixed.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 20, 2008 at 10:52 PM Post #33 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Broken in two! Jesus H. Christ
mad.gif

You should be able to score a new headband from Sennheiser. You might also try bonding it back together with 5 minute epoxy, then sanding away any excess glue after drying is complete. You might also want to glue in a "brace" to strengthen the headband, between the padding. At worst you will have a slight cosmetic defect but you will have your phones again.

Feb 20, 2008 at 11:17 PM Post #34 of 41
Will this help in processing a warranty claim for normal wear and tear?

imagesip7.jpg

Feb 21, 2008 at 10:39 AM Post #37 of 41
Whoa! Everyone should watch that top video. Do NOT try that with one of Senneheiser plastic bands. There is no way in hell that material is not completely different in the 600/650. I didn't bend my headband 25% of what that guy does to his 650 headband. Just as I suspected, that material in the HD580 is just crap! And despite the "myth" I bet that is the result of "mythical" carbon fiber in that headband.

Feb 21, 2008 at 10:44 AM Post #38 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by ADD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So with enough threads on Sennheiser stretching to last four-score days and nights of continuous reading, you still broke them...

I especially suggest ADD and jiram watch that video. Remember, the HD580 were new to me, I had the HD600s first --with the better material. And, no, I don't spend my days reading about headband stretching that much anymore.

Mar 10, 2008 at 10:14 AM Post #39 of 41
I broke my HD 580 the same way, just taped the two pieces together with duct tape. The fit is somewhat lopsided. Is there a better way to make them fit more loosely out of the box?

Mar 10, 2008 at 1:24 PM Post #41 of 41
carbon fiber is really bad at bending, so I doubt it is carbon fiber. If you manage to bend carbon fiber, it has a really low tolerance and will snap. The fact is, bending carbon fiber more than 3-4mm thick is pretty much a mission....

I'm sorry but i really don't believe it. If it was carbon they wouldnt move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back