SennheiserPC350 Microphone...is it busted? It's only a week old!
Jan 25, 2010 at 3:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Mkilbride

Head-Fier
I have no idea what the heck happened.

My PC350's have worked fine for the few days I had them. Recently though, I enabled 2/2.1 in them, a few days ago. It gave better sound quality & bass.

I didn't use my Mic for about two days or so, just playing Singleplayer games & watching movies.

I enabled Dolby Digital Live, it's not digitally connected, but I noticed the Audio became a lot better for some reason, maybe even a placebo effect.

I enabled the Mic finally..and noticed it was distored. Sounded really iffy and breaking up alot. So I moved the Mic up and down and noticed depending on it's angle, it sounded a little worse or better. I noticed that if I talked really quietly it almost didn't break up, but if I talked at normal level, it broke up near the middle or end, usually not the start.

So I reset the drivers, did the whole thing, used the original settings the Mic worked with. It's still scratchy and breaking up.

What happened? I haven't dropped these or mis-placed them at all, INFACT, I kept them in better quality than any Headset I've ever had. I tried plugging and unplugging them several times, re-seating the Soundcard and I tried using Onboard, but it wouldn't detect the Mic for some reason. I don't really have anyones PC I can try them on.

What do you guys think happened? I noticed that when the 2.1 audio was on, if I turned the mic on, I heard a large amount of noise. Is it possible that using 2.1 Speakers tried to use the Mic as a speaker and ****ed it up?

Is this something I could fix by opening the Headsetup and checking for flaky wires or what? I don't know how to do something like that.

Thanks, this is rather urgent. I might have to send them back for a replacement and that'll probably take two weeks, Amazon is slow.

Jan 25, 2010 at 10:05 AM Post #2 of 3
Well, thanks for responding.

I found out somehow my Mic Jack died after two days of use...wonderful. Guess I've got to somehow return my card and get a new one. Pain, but...oh well, that's life. Creative is kinda ****. ;P

Feb 1, 2010 at 3:22 PM Post #3 of 3
Wow I have the exact same problem as you and did everything you did. ALso have creative sound card.

I managed to get it working by doing this:

Toggled CMSS on/off
Toggled the decoder
disabled/enabled the microphone in windows 7 recorder settings.

I don't exactly know which option fixed it or the specific order but it worked. I still have to do this every once until I get a new sound card.

Its definitely sound card issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back