Sennheisercx980 and fiio e11
Jan 5, 2012 at 10:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Alcuinite

New Head-Fier
I just placed my order for a pair of cx980 and a fiio e11. This would be my first pair of iems and i was thinking if i made the wrong decision by buying the e11. Does the cx980 not require an amp. Was i too reckless? Im feeling a tinge of regret now. Can someone provide some views? Much appreciated.

Jan 5, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #2 of 11
Imo it is a mistake to buy an expensive iem as your first IEM. Some people can't get used to having something in their ear. The Cx980 doesn't need an amp. The e11 amp is annoying since you can't use it while charging. Imo for a first IEM, someone should choose one under $25. Perhaps something like a meelectronics CX21 or for those who want extra bass, a meelectronics M31.

Jan 5, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #3 of 11
Hi just to clarify i came from the cx300 iis and were very satisfied. Was looking for an upgrade. I realised head fi has close to no information on the cx980s. I would really appreciate some impressions on views on the iem. 

And would the fiio e11 bring out the best in thecx980 or is it alr top form without an amp? Is it really not needed?

Jan 6, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #7 of 11

Quote:
Yes i have seen that. What i am looking for are opinions and comments from users who have tried the product.

Buy me one, and I will tell you what I think of it. :)

All kidding aside, I don't know why the Sennheiser IE6  and IE7 (as well as the much more expensive IE8 and IE80) are so much more popular than the CX980. I haven't heard any of these. Have you read the CX980 reviews on Amazon? Have you thought about the IE6 or IE7? The CX980 might be great, however if the IE6 and IE7 are much better value for the price, most people will buy those instead.

Jan 6, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #8 of 11
Aren't you worrying when you can't find too much users and reviews online? 
confused.gif

Jan 6, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #9 of 11

Quote:
Buy me one, and I will tell you what I think of it. :)

All kidding aside, I don't know why the Sennheiser IE6  and IE7 (as well as the much more expensive IE8 and IE80) are so much more popular than the CX980. I haven't heard any of these. Have you read the CX980 reviews on Amazon? Have you thought about the IE6 or IE7? The CX980 might be great, however if the IE6 and IE7 are much better value for the price, most people will buy those instead.

5 reviews on Amazon, and none of them seem to know what they're talking about.

Quote:
Aren't you worrying when you can't find too much users and reviews online? 
confused.gif

I recommend that you send them to a reviewer and have them evaluate the CX980s. We're also curious about what it sounds like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back