Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Nov 22, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #1,441 of 4,141
Wow, these look great. Did you guys go for the Neutrik or Eidolic source term? The Neutrik is cheaper, but the Eidolic looks cooler (IMHO)...
I love Eidolic connectors well built and good looking.

Nov 23, 2016 at 1:59 AM Post #1,442 of 4,141
With all the money I saved on the 6xx, I decided to spring for this sweet cable from Norne. Draug 2c...

Save $100 spend $300, haha. I went Neutrik, not much point throwing away too much $.

Nov 23, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #1,443 of 4,141
Any thoughts on Audio-GD NFB-11.32 for HD6XX / HD650? From what I've read they seem to be one of the few recommended solid-state amps for this set. I think I'm looking for something neutral, "analytical", and with low noise. Thanks!

Nov 23, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #1,448 of 4,141
And anyone who buy just to resell is a sleazy pig and should be banned from MD forever. A drop like this is meant for those who want the HD6xx. Not to sell them.
Have you considered some people may not like them? I've never heard them so it's taking a chance for me.

Nov 23, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #1,449 of 4,141
Have you considered some people may not like them? I've never heard them so it's taking a chance for me.

I appreciate that but, I do. No promises here, but I would guess you would like them very much so I think your investment is a good one. I have own HD600s forever!
Always wanted a pair of HD650s but never wanted to spend that much just for them. This MassDrop deal made it possible!

Nov 23, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #1,451 of 4,141

And anyone who buy just to resell is a sleazy pig and should be banned from MD forever. A drop like this is meant for those who want the HD6xx. Not to sell them.

Unless reselling is against the MD T&Cs (and it doesn't appear to be), there's no basis for banning anyone.  Just because someone doesn't agree with something doesn't mean it's punishable.

Nov 23, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #1,452 of 4,141

Unless reselling is against the MD T&Cs (and it doesn't appear to be), there's no basis for banning anyone.  Just because someone doesn't agree with something doesn't mean it's punishable.

I think JWolf is referring to what should be done, not what the current practice is. The current MD T&Cs do not punish black marketing, although some senseless greedy people will get away no matter what.

I don't think its about disagreement, its about morality and conscience and respect for others. Yes, blatant disregard of such values that cause harm to others (in this case denying some people of the chance to buy something they loved) should be punishable. However, I am fine with people selling theirs if they don't like it.

Nov 23, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #1,453 of 4,141
The best way to discourage greedy resellers (not people who changed their mind) is to refuse to buy from anyone who tries to sell these for a markup, and just wait for the next drop or buy from sellers selling at the list price or less.

Nov 23, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #1,454 of 4,141
Hopefully all those that bought Hatchimals (hot little kid toy) for double the price will be out of luck and there will be a flood of these on Friday.  It's one thing to be a greedy reseller for an adult's product, but when not everyone can avoid to drop a hundred bucks for a gift a kid may really want.  I'm pleased I made it through the drop, but I wouldn't plan to resell it

That is, I might eventually if I get tired of them.  I don't think I will, as I still miss my HD 580 Precision.  I can't imagine a case when I would use the HD 6XX if I had my 800 nearby, but I think the HD 6XX would be great at home with my HiFi M8 when I have a big rig at work (see avatar).

Nov 23, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #1,455 of 4,141
Yup -- and either few people actually do that (attempt to resell for a profit) or I've missed it or ignored it when I saw it because, Massdrop resales are frequently available here on Head-Fi at cost or usually slightly below.

I got my AKG 7XX for a little under price a few months ago, since I paid a little less than $199 full cost shipped and I know it cost the seller to ship it to me.

I think most people who resale it, certainly on here, either didn't like them or changed their mind about getting them once they finally arrived since there is a large gap of time between purchase and delivery.

And in any case, as you said, I would simply wait until the next drop or until one popped up on Head-Fi in the for sale section, rather than pay an inflated price.  

(In the case of the 6xx, if I become impatient I'll likely just buy a used HD 650, as they go on here for not much more than $199 anyway).

Quote:
The best way to discourage greedy resellers (not people who changed their mind) is to refuse to buy from anyone who tries to sell these for a markup, and just wait for the next drop or buy from sellers selling at the list price or less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back