Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Nov 10, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #1,051 of 4,141
RE: who gets a Serialized HD6xx in the first 500 sold.  I have seen some posts stating that you might be able to determine if you compare your order number with others posted. My order# ended in 
1​
4526xx ​
and there was a poster that got a very early confirmation in the range of 1447xxx range -- those 2 numbers just about cover 5000 so if you are close to that lower number, you might be in luck!

Nov 10, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #1,052 of 4,141
I had tried, but got error messages and it never went through. I haven't received any emails. That's OK, I'll wait for another release if it comes, save the money if it doesn't.

Nov 10, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #1,053 of 4,141
Go on MD and check your transactions page. My pair popped up on there before I received an email. Basically, all the email said was to go to you transactions page and add your address. Once that has been completed, they will be sending out a secondary email for payment.

Nov 10, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #1,054 of 4,141
No, his analogy is not correct.  Someone who misses out on a Black Friday deal because they weren't in line early enough could have done more, they could have shown up earlier.  People who were waiting at 9AM for this drop then tried to buy them for several hours could have done nothing more; they were screwed over by random chance.  It's even worse when you consider someone coming in after 9AM and managing to get lucky and get one, which would then be akin to my analogy.  People wouldn't be complaining if the servers were fine and they were just too slow to click through the pages to order one, which is the internet version of getting in line.  That was the standard people expected, a race rather than a lottery.

I still think your analogy is wrong. For all we know there could have been 5,000+ people waiting for it to start. All those people placing orders at the exact same time is what F'd their servers. After that it was a free for all with those who got lucky and those who missed. No right or wrong about it.

They are doing a VERY admirable job trying to fix it.

Everyone saying "I was definitely one of the first 500" have no fricken clue if that's true or not.

Nov 10, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #1,055 of 4,141
  Massdrop is a joke. 

You ok there? You seem a little rattled that someone's servers couldn't handle an influx of like 10000 people attempting to purchase a pair of version of a 13 year old pair of headphones you would otherwise not have access to if not for the joke of a company you apparently dislike. People are always so mad when someone isn't prepared (for whatever reason that may be) for something big - Massdrop had never dealt with something of this proportion obviously, so they will now work to fix it, not just for your sake, maybe not for your sake at all, but for their own so that they can sell even more than they already do and thrive as a business.

Everyone has had shortcomings, or are you a joke because you have made mistakes in the past? Or have you not? Calm yourself down before you criticize people for trying to do good, they took a chance and brought something to us that everyone seemingly want(ed). They failed, they are attempting to make good on their mistakes the best they can and half the return answers/reactions they get are short-sighted remarks by people who demand every service they have brought to them be done so flawlessly on a silver platter.

Nov 10, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #1,056 of 4,141

No, his analogy is not correct.  Someone who misses out on a Black Friday deal because they weren't in line early enough could have done more, they could have shown up earlier.  People who were waiting at 9AM for this drop then tried to buy them for several hours could have done nothing more; they were screwed over by random chance.  It's even worse when you consider someone coming in after 9AM and managing to get lucky and get one, which would then be akin to my analogy.  People wouldn't be complaining if the servers were fine and they were just too slow to click through the pages to order one, which is the internet version of getting in line.  That was the standard people expected, a race rather than a lottery.

I still think your analogy is wrong. For all we know there could have been 5,000+ people waiting for it to start. All those people placing orders at the exact same time is what F'd their servers. After that it was a free for all with those who got lucky and those who missed. No right or wrong about it.

They are doing a VERY admirable job trying to fix it.

Everyone saying "I was definitely one of the first 500" have no fricken clue if that's true or not.

That's how I feel. Perhaps if their servers had held, they would have been gone in minutes or less. I guarantee they only lasted more than an hour due to the servers being overloaded. Even though I was there since the minute it started, I may have not gotten a pair either if their servers held.

Nov 10, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #1,057 of 4,141
You ok there? You seem a little rattled that someone's servers couldn't handle an influx of like 10000 people attempting to purchase a pair of version of a 13 year old pair of headphones you would otherwise not have access to if not for the joke of a company you apparently dislike. People are always so mad when someone isn't prepared (for whatever reason that may be) for something big - Massdrop had never dealt with something of this proportion obviously, so they will now work to fix it, not just for your sake, maybe not for your sake at all, but for their own so that they can sell even more than they already do and thrive as a business.

Everyone has had shortcomings, or are you a joke because you have made mistakes in the past? Or have you not? Calm yourself down before you criticize people for trying to do good, they took a chance and brought something to us that everyone seemingly want(ed). They failed, they are attempting to make good on their mistakes the best they can and half the return answers/reactions they get are short-sighted remarks by people who demand every service they have brought to them be done so flawlessly on a silver platter.

You seem a bit overly defensive for massdrop...:joy:

He spoke 4 words and you replied with 2 lengthy paragraphs... tell us how you really feel....

Nov 10, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #1,058 of 4,141
Considering I've spent almost $2000 at Massdrop in the last 15 months it would be real cool if I got an email from them saying I'm in the first drop.

Nov 10, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #1,059 of 4,141
You seem a bit overly defensive for massdrop...:joy:

He spoke 4 words and you replied with 2 lengthy paragraphs... tell us how you really feel....

If you'd read my 2 lengthy paragraphs and had more argumentative power than posting an emoji you'd be perfectly aware that I am not just defending Massdrop as well knowing how I really feel. Reading is not hard, nor is there a hidden etiquette rule that disallows one to respond to a short statement with a longer retort.

Nov 10, 2016 at 8:43 PM Post #1,061 of 4,141
  RE: who gets a Serialized HD6xx in the first 500 sold.  I have seen some posts stating that you might be able to determine if you compare your order number with others posted. My order# ended in 
1​
4526xx ​
and there was a poster that got a very early confirmation in the range of 1447xxx range -- those 2 numbers just about cover 5000 so if you are close to that lower number, you might be in luck!

​By that definition I would the 10,000 joiner since my number is 14578xx although I click joined within 4 minutes (at that time it was still below 500) although it didn't go through, however I received the email that I can rejoin back yesterday..

Nov 10, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #1,062 of 4,141
​By that definition I would the 10,000 joiner since my number is 14578xx although I click joined within 4 minutes (at that time it was still below 500) although it didn't go through, however I received the email that I can rejoin back yesterday..
Mine is 14521xx and I was there at the beginning and didnt know I got thru till the count was at >4000 sold. I really don't care about the first 550 serial numbers just wanted to get a pair. I was at work on my phone and tried PayPal and credit card and thought I didn't get in but tried to log on for another try and it said I was in.

Nov 10, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #1,063 of 4,141
Considering I've spent almost $2000 at Massdrop in the last 15 months it would be real cool if I got an email from them saying I'm in the first drop.

​A few months back I proposed to Will that Massdrop start some type of rewards program for those frequent buyers that get in on every new headphone drop.  I didn't suggest any ideas myself but I was thinking either a cash back at the end of the year or to be able to reserve a spot in the drop before it goes live to avoid the buying circus that is a popular Massdrop. Will said that they talk about it a lot but have never pulled the trigger on it and that they might start something where VIP's would be allowed to "Pay $x per month, and get every custom product we release in Y community".  Boy that didn't go over very well with some a**holes saying that if Massdrop did that they would never buy anything from them again and so on.  So now I spend 1:45 at the opening of the drop and 2:00 later trying to get in on the drop and nothing.  I never knew if I got shut out or if I had placed 25 orders since the circle just kept spinning every time I got to the drop page and ordered and they try to claim they were not ready for it even thou they can see the 15K+ requests.  I know there are some of these phones that are going to go to people making their first buy on Massdrop or their first buy in the Audiophile community while 50% of us regulars get shut out and that is just bulls**t.  I guess I will take the option they are offering on the Fostex Purpleheart fiasco and get a full refund.  $450 from Massdrop back to me is better than $200 going from me to them anyway.  AL

Nov 10, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #1,064 of 4,141

​A few months back I proposed to Will that Massdrop start some type of rewards program for those frequent buyers that get in on every new headphone drop.  I didn't suggest any ideas myself but I was thinking either a cash back at the end of the year or to be able to reserve a spot in the drop before it goes live to avoid the buying circus that is a popular Massdrop. Will said that they talk about it a lot but have never pulled the trigger on it and that they might start something where VIP's would be allowed to "Pay $x per month, and get every custom product we release in Y community".  Boy that didn't go over very well with some a**holes saying that if Massdrop did that they would never buy anything from them again and so on.  So now I spend 1:45 at the opening of the drop and 2:00 later trying to get in on the drop and nothing.  I never knew if I got shut out or if I had placed 25 orders since the circle just kept spinning every time I got to the drop page and ordered and they try to claim they were not ready for it even thou they can see the 15K+ requests.  I know there are some of these phones that are going to go to people making their first buy on Massdrop or their first buy in the Audiophile community while 50% of us regulars get shut out and that is just bulls**t.  I guess I will take the option they are offering on the Fostex Purpleheart fiasco and get a full refund.  $450 from Massdrop back to me is better than $200 going from me to them anyway.  AL

I'm not sure how I feel about this. First of all, I don't think the cashback thing could work since a lot of their stuff is discounted so much already. Secondly, even if they had some sort of method for regulars (however you want to define that) to get an early spot, this deal was so good and so popular that their server still may have been overwhelmed. As of now (2 days later) there are already 22k requests! In this situation there was a ton of hype and a lot of people wanted in. I'm not sure anything would have significantly changed the outcome outside of having a virtually unlimited stock.

Nov 10, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #1,065 of 4,141

Facts are facts jabroni. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back