Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Nov 9, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #991 of 4,141
This is "aka" if you have nothing in your transactions page then GG, your hold charges will drop in a day and better luck next time.

Nov 9, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #997 of 4,141
While I am glad to have these to go along with my HD600s, I REALLY want to see them do something with the HD800s...
Should they ever do that with an awesome price break, I DO hope their servers would be ready... The HD800s are at the top of most of their polls for TOTL headphones...

Nov 9, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #999 of 4,141
When I first heard about this collaboration, I was instantly excited. My first pair of audiophile headphones was the HD600, and I've wanted to try the HD650 ever sense, but I doubted it would be worth the extra coin, considering what I already owned.

The pricing on these made it a very reasonable experiment. But what captivated me the most was the sense I got from the Drop. It felt like an event, a true Head-Fi moment I wanted to be part of. I don't know why, it just seemed like an important milestone in my journey here.

I'm grateful to Head-Fi, Sennheiser, and Massdrop. Without any one of you, I doubt I'd be having this much fun with the hobby.
:beerchug:

Nov 9, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #1,000 of 4,141
While I am glad to have these to go along with my HD600s, I REALLY want to see them do something with the HD800s...
Should they ever do that with an awesome price break, I DO hope their servers would be ready... The HD800s are at the top of most of their polls for TOTL headphones...

+1
Every serious headphone enthusiast should own a HD6xx for reference, but I would like to own a HD800 soon

Nov 9, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #1,001 of 4,141
I just got the rejoin email from Massdrop. Perhaps I will get a pair after all.

Nov 10, 2016 at 12:12 AM Post #1,004 of 4,141
  There will be 2nd drop open to all? Or is it just reserved for a few people?

For now, the extra headphones as a result of multiple orders are reserved for people who tried to join but were not able to and on the basis of the time stamp of the first attempt at joining the drop. My understanding is that they are going through the eligible users in batches. Any unallocated headphones from the first rejoin batch will be allocated among the second batch, and so on and so forth until all extra headphones are allocated.

Nov 10, 2016 at 12:19 AM Post #1,005 of 4,141
Just got an email saying that I was one of the first to attempt to purchase the 6xx and since my payment didn't go through, I have a little time to confirm the reorder. (Fingers crossed for low serial number lololol)

Here I was getting happy I could save the $200 for something else, but fate says no. I will say this, good on Massdrop for taking the time to sort all this out. It looks like the turnout for the next 6xx drop will similarly be huge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back