Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Nov 8, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #886 of 4,141
  That is the main reason I believe many are upset....many of whom like myself clicked "join" right at the opening only to be stuck with spinning icons for 2 hours....
confused.gif
..I tried new windows and tabs while letting the original request do its thing to no avail...

This is exactly my experience too, except it was 1am in Australia. Tried from the very start of the drop for an entire hour to join and then gave up and went to bed with zip to show for it. There's no excuse for this, if you are going to do the mega marketing hype train and expect high numbers, then wouldn't you make sure that your systems were up to it? Really frustrating and I am seriously curious to see if those that actually got through and purchased were form the US or International or whether it was just a random thing. Think I will be giving Massdrop a miss and just pay extra to avoid this hassle in future as there is a definite pattern with all of their bigger drops. 

Nov 8, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #887 of 4,141
So Sennheiser just made a million bucks in only a few minutes today..
Massdrop will take a cut plus they have to make 5000 headphones so I don't think they made a million bucks today.

Nov 8, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #888 of 4,141
They may open it for a short while after removing duplicate orders. So keep your fingers crossed and keep an eye for updates from Massdrop. I can guarantee, once they open it again it will be gone in minutes.
Here is what Alex Peterkin of Massdrop wrote:

Frawg13

6h​
more_horiz​

GTP9ZX_20141014_171900_1ILXF.png

AlexPeterkin

So there is no chance of getting a pair now then?

AlexPeterkin3654Outreach

6h​
more_horiz​

picture

Frawg

Not promising anything, but MAYBE a small chance. Will update everyone once we have more concrete info.

Alex also said, email notification will be sent to everyone who tried to join, if they decide on a second drop.

Nov 8, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #890 of 4,141
I gotta say, I have been watching this thread and the drama unfold all day, and I do truly feel bad for everyone who wanted in and had so many problems. Especially because I seem to be the only one that didn't have any issues.

The site was a little slow loading the drop at first, and it took a little time watching that spinner. But I got mine to go through and process, with CC, on my first try, and got a confirmation email... 9:03am this morning eastern. It was my first time joining a drop and I guess I just lucked out with this one due to the popularity.

I do have to say, watching this drama unfold has been a nice distraction from the election crap, and for today, might have been just as exciting... epsecially consider that I was able to get my order in quick. Again, sorry.

And I really hope for those of you that didnt get it, that they had a lot of duplicates to clear and can get some of you in, especially the ones that were there right at the beginning.

Nov 8, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #892 of 4,141

This is exactly my experience too, except it was 1am in Australia. Tried from the very start of the drop for an entire hour to join and then gave up and went to bed with zip to show for it. There's no excuse for this, if you are going to do the mega marketing hype train and expect high numbers, then wouldn't you make sure that your systems were up to it? Really frustrating and I am seriously curious to see if those that actually got through and purchased were form the US or International or whether it was just a random thing. Think I will be giving Massdrop a miss and just pay extra to avoid this hassle in future as there is a definite pattern with all of their bigger drops. 

Another Aussie here, was on the website from the very start (1am local time), and tried to do the right thing by clicking on the "purchase" button only once.

It would be cool if Massdrop/Sennheiser could do another drop for international members who missed out!

Nov 8, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #893 of 4,141
God damn! I looked this morning and it was at 1800 sold. Now the drop is over... Good thing I have no money...

Nov 8, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #894 of 4,141
  That is the main reason I believe many are upset....many of whom like myself clicked "join" right at the opening only to be stuck with spinning icons for 2 hours....
confused.gif
..I tried new windows and tabs while letting the original request do its thing to no avail...

Haha yeah, I joined when there were 'only' 750 claimed and was thinking easy peezy, gunna get me some new HPs! Tried paypal and failed every time trying to transfer me to paypal. Ok cool, went directly with cc thru MD and had me spinning. Had to leave for work and figured I'll just let it spin and I'll see what happens. Well, sure enough 6 hours later at lunch it was still spinning lol I guess the answer was to put in dozens of orders and let MD sort thru the mess!

Nov 8, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #895 of 4,141
I was charged for two orders just as the drop closed. But I was told that one of the two orders would be cancelled in about 48 hours. The Massdrop was well and truly overloaded due to this drop. I was lucky to get it. When the order managed to get through and I was taken back to the drop's page, the page was gone because it was over. Then in about 15 minutes (or so), I got two email messages for two orders.

Nov 8, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #896 of 4,141

Haha yeah, I joined when there were 'only' 750 claimed and was thinking easy peezy, gunna get me some new HPs! Tried paypal and failed every time trying to transfer me to paypal. Ok cool, went directly with cc and had me spinning. Had to leave for work and figured I'll just let it spin and I'll see what happens. Well, sure enough 6 hours later at lunch it was still spinning lol I guess the answer was to put in dozens of orders and let MD sort thru the mess!

PayPal was a mistake. a credit card would have made it a lot easier to get in on the drop.

Nov 8, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #898 of 4,141
Another Aussie here, was on the website from the very start (1am local time), and tried to do the right thing by clicking on the "purchase" button only once.

It would be cool if Massdrop/Sennheiser could do another drop for international members who missed out!
How is doing the right thing only trying once? The drop was open to everyone. I tried for a hour and a half before I got in.

Nov 8, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #899 of 4,141
I really wish they will honor those who attempt to buy but failed. Especially for those who finally bought it but way pass #550 lol.

I got mine around #1300. Anyway, better than nothing. It was a bumpy ride.

Now, be prepared for waves of new threads on what's the best headphone amp for HD6xx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back