Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Nov 8, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #856 of 4,141
  Where does it say the drop is limited to just 1 per person?

I heard it from Will at Massdrop on the MD HD6XX discussion thread like a day or two before the drop.  He said due to the huge number of requests they decided to drop it down to 1 per person instead of 3 per person as originally planned. 

Nov 8, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #857 of 4,141
I've never seen so many grown people turn into total babies. Over 15,000 requested (even more when you factor in the people who wanted to buy but never requested). So less than 30% were actually going to get a pair today. Why so shocked if you didn't get a pair? Being on right at 6PST was no guarantee.

THEY WILL RUN THESE AGAIN.......OVER.......AND OVER.......AND OVER, until we stop buying!

Relax.

Nov 8, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #859 of 4,141
Apparently, it's not just a matter of who got in first...something on their side was denying some people while allowing others. This makes osme sense from the anecdotes I've been hearing about some people succeeding on phones but not on PC, etc.

Fingers crossed I'm on the short list for a set.

According to Massdrop Rep:

Based on my current information and understanding, if you were here at 6am and attempted to join there should be history of that transaction in our database. At that time people were getting denied at checkout, but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason why specific transactions got through and some didn't.

Right now we are working making an ordered list of all the users based on the time they attempted to join and were denied. If it turns out all the duplicates are removed and we have left over units we will try to honor the order in which people attempted to join.

I don't have enough information to say any of that is for sure right now, but I will be sure to update everyone as soon as I can.

It's looking pretty good that the history of people attempting to join is in our system. Right now everyone is working on figuring out how to process the people who got denied at checkout. I'm hoping I'll get some more concrete details here soon.

Nov 8, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #862 of 4,141
You know they are going to say that the people who entered the drop multiple times would be the cause of the screw up.... 

Nov 8, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #863 of 4,141
I feel very fortunate to have had my order go through.  I actually received 2 emails with 2 difference order numbers.  All of my authorizations on my CC have been cleared already, so I assume my paypal order is the one that is going to stick.

My strategy was to open up multiple tabs, and use Paypal to checkout instead of entering in my CC constantly.  My CC seemed to be saved or not saved on the site, just randomly.  The paypal option seemed to time out quicker so it allowed me to refresh quicker.  I know I added to the congestion of web traffic doing it this way, but it was the only way.  I jumped on this morning at 6am sharp, and kept trying on my phone on the train.  I was only able to have it go through at work through my web browser. 

I have wanted a pair of 650s for years and years now, and am ecstatic to finally join the club.  Probably going to sell my Denon D2000 now as it wont be getting any more head time. 

Nov 8, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #864 of 4,141
That a lot of hype. I believe that what they said about the grace amp/DAC.

Even if it sells out fast, which I don think it will--a couple of days at least IMHO, used ones will pop up soon after and there will be a new drop a few months later. Get it if you want it, but don't feel rushed.

Now do you believe the hype, before noon the 6XX was sold out and taken off Massdrop page, just like i said.

Nov 8, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #865 of 4,141
I tried getting on the site when it was at around 900 , kept crashing so I gave up . Congrats to those who got thru !! I wanted to save some cash but I guess I'll just treat myself to the 700's next month :wink:

Nov 8, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #870 of 4,141
I hope that they could just look at their transaction history and for anyone who made a request before the 5k limit, they could extend the run to 6k or whatever.  Basically, anyone who had a failed attempt in the first 5k, should get them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back