Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Nov 8, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #841 of 4,141
hmmm... I didn't even get over there before they had all gone...  however I'm not that bummed... for a few reasons...

A. I'm not sure I need them (i do like my DT880's quite a lot)

B. This way can see feedback on these vs the standard HD650's before deciding if to try to jump more aggressively on these next time. (would imagine there will be a next time with as quickly as they sold 5,000 $200 headphones... )

C. I'm really torn as to the HD600 vs HD650 thing.... I am sort of hoping for a good HD600 Black Friday sale, as I think the 600 might be better for me anyways.

These measure the exact same as the standard HD650. The changes were in cosmetics and cable.

Nov 8, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #842 of 4,141
i tried 10 times, no luck.
i will wait for next drop.

Rather than trying 10 times opening 10 tabs simultaneously and submitting all pages one by one quickly worked for me. One tab connected to the paypal gateway and I could just make it in time when the units count was 4000+.

I think you don't need it anyway as you have the HD 650's.

Nov 8, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #843 of 4,141
I tried for over half an hour just after 6. I just got the greyed out bar which never updated. 

I'm actually glad the order didn't go through. This is supposed to be a darker headphone and there's a good chance I wouldn't have liked it. 

Maybe there will be a black friday special on senns somewhere. 

Nov 8, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #849 of 4,141
Yep. I had three confirmed purchases... because chaos... but a while later two of those had vanished. Thankfully.

Nov 8, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #850 of 4,141

Yup, Canuck as well and joined right from open with no cans to show for it. ........

On a positive note I was really in the market for a another IEM (did I really need another pair of 650s) to keep my Senn  ie800s out of the ice and cold this winter and the NuForce NE-800M looked promising at $59, got to join that drop instead.
…hopefully they’ll ship USPS and not cost me $70 Can in brokerage fees. lol

Nov 8, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #851 of 4,141
Don't worry guys, the HD6XX will be in production for a while just like the K7XX. I'll buy a pair a year from now. Quite happy with my Fidelio X2, K7XX and HD598. Wont be long though before I start going up into the 400 to 500 dollar range of headphones lol.

Agreed, not to mention I believe at this point my THx00 with a pad swap to the th900 pads are almost the perfect midfi headphone. Not much else I need for my taste in music. I also just purchased a HD700 for 299 to use for gaming and general computer listening.

Nov 8, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #853 of 4,141
  On a positive note I was really in the market for a another IEM (did I really need another pair of 650s) to keep my Senn  ie800s out of the ice and cold this winter and the NuForce NE-800M looked promising at $59, got to join that drop instead.
…hopefully they’ll ship USPS and not cost me $70 Can in brokerage fees. lol

How do you like the ie800s? I was VERY tempted by these when they came out. I've been sticking with low end IEMs so far (RE0 = Loved, Shure Se210 = Meh...Can't get them to seal with my gigantic ear canals; Shure E2Cs = stolen).

I just have a hard time justifying a high price even if they'd get daily use at work.

Nov 8, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #855 of 4,141

How do you like the ie800s? I was VERY tempted by these when they came out. I've been sticking with low end IEMs so far (RE0 = Loved, Shure Se210 = Meh...Can't get them to seal with my gigantic ear canals; Shure E2Cs = stolen).

I just have a hard time justifying a high price even if they'd get daily use at work.

They were an indulgence but I really like them......I use them mostly for out and about and find they fit "sound wise"  in between the HD650s and HD800S even though they have more apparent deep base than either....so not bad for an iem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back