Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Nov 8, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #826 of 4,141
hmmm... I didn't even get over there before they had all gone...  however I'm not that bummed... for a few reasons...

A. I'm not sure I need them (i do like my DT880's quite a lot)

B. This way can see feedback on these vs the standard HD650's before deciding if to try to jump more aggressively on these next time. (would imagine there will be a next time with as quickly as they sold 5,000 $200 headphones... )

C. I'm really torn as to the HD600 vs HD650 thing.... I am sort of hoping for a good HD600 Black Friday sale, as I think the 600 might be better for me anyways.

Nov 8, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #827 of 4,141
Well, at least I'm not alone.

I had the same thing happen as others...  Placed an order, got the 'Oops' screen... rinse, repeat.

Ended up with three successful orders that I thought were actually failures.  I sent a couple of emails but haven't heard anything back, yet.  I've not been charged anything, either.

I'd bet Massdrop is on top of this since it's happening to multiple users.

If anything, I might have a couple of extra 6xxs up on Head-fi in December :D

Best of luck to everyone else with the same issue.

Nov 8, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #828 of 4,141
Alex from Massdrop posted this on the Massdrop HD6XX discussion page:

"Quick update everyone,

As expected, this drop was amazingly popular. However, this increased demand on our servers in ways we didn’t anticipate which caused some difficulties processing orders this morning.

Our operations team will be manually removing any duplicate preauthorization or transaction charges you might see, and they should be reversed from your statement in the next 48 hours.

We will continue to post updates throughout the day in this discussion so that the community has a clear understanding of events and resolutions when we have them.

We apologize for any inconvenience, and thank you for your continued support."

Nov 8, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #829 of 4,141
I started right at the beginning and got nothing. Mass drop? More like Massfail!

Nov 8, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #830 of 4,141
Wow. Didn't figure they'd sell out this fast. 

Oh well, probably didn't need them anyways.

Nov 8, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #831 of 4,141
"As expected, this drop was amazingly popular. However, this increased demand on our servers in ways we didn’t anticipate..."

So the numbers ("popularity") were expected, but he had no notion this would effect the servers?

This man is clearly a genius.

Nov 8, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #832 of 4,141
  Wow. Didn't figure they'd sell out this fast. 

Oh well, probably didn't need them anyways.

You will have the last laugh when they will be offered fro $150 at amazon for Black Friday. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 8, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #835 of 4,141
I started right at the beginning and got nothing. Mass drop? More like Massfail!

Yep...Unless all 5000 orders that were filled were started in the first 5 minutes after starting it is frustrating as I kept my original from 9:03 EST request open, and while waiting I tried numerous new tabs some of which got the  “oops” the others just sat there. ...but in the end...zip : (   

Nov 8, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #836 of 4,141

Yep...Unless all 5000 orders that were filled were started in the first 5 minutes after starting it is frustrating as I kept my original from 9:03 EST request open, and while waiting I tried numerous new tabs some of which got the  “oops” the others just sat there. ...but in the end...zip : (   

Well if you look on amazon, there are many other deals. One door closes, another opens :)

Nov 8, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #837 of 4,141
I tried on and off for the better part of two hours and was successful somewhere along the line. Bought for a friend as I already have a lightly used pair of HD650's. But not before my bank's fraud unit called to ask about the series of mysterious $1 charges and reversals by some vendor called Massdrop :)

Nov 8, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #838 of 4,141
My email confirmation was posted at 6:20 AM Pacific, in case that helps.

Nov 8, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #840 of 4,141

Not if you're in Canada...but you never know....que
Question is though was it just the luck of the draw as some reported joining latter and succeeding while others like myself started soon as it opened.

Yup, Canuck as well and joined right from open with no cans to show for it. Even with the stupidly high exchange rate, these were a steal (CAD price for HD 650 is $650CAD)...literally leaves me with no option but to wait for the drop again or get super lucky as they clear out the duplicate orders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back