Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Jul 21, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #3,512 of 4,141
Will have that combo come Monday :) Was in the drop but paid a bit more to buy a pair locally than wait until December.

Congrats, they complement each other well :D

Jul 21, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #3,513 of 4,141
Jul 21, 2017 at 7:12 PM Post #3,515 of 4,141
This may be a controversial statement, but I've been deciding against this mainly because I want the most cutting-edge technology possible when I buy headphones. I feel like the use of a dedicated amplifier is slowly becoming obsolete. Wireless and cables with a dedicated amp/DAC (such as what Audeze is doing) is the future.

Jul 21, 2017 at 7:33 PM Post #3,516 of 4,141
This may be a controversial statement, but I've been deciding against this mainly because I want the most cutting-edge technology possible when I buy headphones. I feel like the use of a dedicated amplifier is slowly becoming obsolete. Wireless and cables with a dedicated amp/DAC (such as what Audeze is doing) is the future.

Not in my future. Not any time soon. That tech "may" never sound as good. And if it does one day, it's still a long ways off.

Jul 21, 2017 at 11:09 PM Post #3,517 of 4,141

The best headphones out there still requires a dedicated amp. I have no idea where you get that idea they are becoming obsolete. And cutting edge tech doesn't guarantee great sound.

Jul 21, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #3,518 of 4,141

Not controversial, you are entitled your opinion. However, I disagree with your opinion. I feel a dedicated amp & source is very important
to the overall sound to the headphones. I just don't buy into wireless, bluetooth and all such things. I am going to go out on a limb and say most older people feel the same way. Also I am just taking a guess the you are a Millennial , nothing wrong with that.

Jul 22, 2017 at 3:47 AM Post #3,520 of 4,141
Curious about your irreversible mod!

I got this mod from the 650 mod thread and it sounds really good IMO. Ignore the word though, I posted this on instagram before lol.

IMG_20170714_100516_148.jpg

Jul 25, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #3,522 of 4,141
They'll stay...just needs a bit more elbow grease to sit properly....don't be afraid to squeeze a little harder near the inside of the ring.
Thanks man. I found some elbow grease laying around and sure enough it did the trick.

Jul 26, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #3,524 of 4,141
I usually don't wander outside the HD598 threads, but I see some familiar usernames here so I'll dip my toes in!

A few questions about the shipping on these headphones. I'm in Finland - anyone have any experience importing to this region? I am pretty sure I'd be charged 24% VAT, 1.5% customs duty, bringing the total close to $300. I also have a friend in NJ who could pass them along, but what's the deal with the tax charged there? And would I have any problems paying with my card/PayPal and having it delivered "domestically" to her?

This is starting to sound like hard work. That midnight blue though :p

Jul 27, 2017 at 2:17 AM Post #3,525 of 4,141
I also have a friend in NJ who could pass them along, but what's the deal with the tax charged there?

That one I can answer since I live in NJ and am in the drop. NJ sales tax is 7% and Massdrop billed me $213.74 USD including NJ sales tax (though I don't know how that came up with that figure, which is a few cents short of 7%, but close enough).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back