Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Feb 7, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #3,107 of 4,141
  Massdrop request is now at 49,903. I really hope they do another drop soon 
L3000.gif

Also, for those who do have the HD650 or HD6XX or even the HD600, what would you recommend to be good portable amps to drive these cans? I understand that they would be best with desktop set ups, but I still would love the option of being able to lug them in the office or around the house. And no, I cannot bring a desktop set up to work 
atsmile.gif

Appreciate advise on this :)

I don't think a drop will happen any time soon because they are still trying to deal with the cable for the current drop and they would not want to have to send out another set of cables again. Another drop won't happen until at last the cables are sorted for the current drop and they have enough cables for a new drop. So another drop soon isn't going to happen.

Feb 7, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #3,108 of 4,141

I don't think a drop will happen any time soon because they are still trying to deal with the cable for the current drop and they would not want to have to send out another set of cables again. Another drop won't happen until at last the cables are sorted for the current drop and they have enough cables for a new drop. So another drop soon isn't going to happen.

I still think it was a one time shot. I have a feeling Sennheiser is getting ready to do something with the HD650/HD600 line. Dumping old stock of drivers. Sennheiser needs to make moves to keep up with the other big guys. Seems like today a V2 or V3 happens within most companies. Although there was a driver change at some point, it wasn't advertised if I remember right. Sennheiser and Massdrop could have easily sold 5,000 units at $250. it would still be a lot cheaper, and make more money. Guess we will see as another drop should happen within the next few months if they are going to do another. 

Feb 7, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #3,109 of 4,141
That would be my bet. Seems like an update is in store soon. Works for me these headphones are awesome for 200 bucks

Feb 8, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #3,111 of 4,141

What's the update on the cable situation? How do we get a longer one? Did massdrop get this sorted out?

Feb 8, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #3,113 of 4,141
What's the update on the cable situation? How do we get a longer one? Did massdrop get this sorted out?

Did you receive the e-mail from Massdrop (also posted here) about 3 weeks ago? They will ship everybody a 6 ft cable. It's on Sennheiser now and Massdrop will send another e-mail when Sennheiser has an update on production schedule.

Feb 8, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #3,114 of 4,141
No, but I'm a second hand owner of a pair. I guess maybe I will send massdrop an email and see if maybe given my serial number they can get me a cable sent instead of to the original owner.

It's not that big a deal but the cable is a little bit annoyingly short.

Feb 8, 2017 at 6:05 PM Post #3,115 of 4,141
No, but I'm a second hand owner of a pair. I guess maybe I will send massdrop an email and see if maybe given my serial number they can get me a cable sent instead of to the original owner.

It's too easy to send MD a serial number. How is that proof? If you sent my serial number, I'd be screwed. So no, that's not enough proof.

Feb 8, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #3,116 of 4,141

Massdrop or Sennheiser will probably just send the new cable to all the original buyers addresses they have on file. Maybe you could arrange for the guy who sold you the HD6XX to send the cable to you.

Feb 8, 2017 at 7:44 PM Post #3,118 of 4,141

It's too easy to send MD a serial number. How is that proof? If you sent my serial number, I'd be screwed. So no, that's not enough proof.

Maybe a pic with my Massdrop tag next to my HD650 with serial number and the name of who I bought them from... i don't think it has to be the most complicated thing to show them it's my pair.

I'm sure they can figure out a way to do this... it's not really rocket science.

Even if I couldn't, they're still usable with the short cable, it's just slightly annoying at times.

Edit: Just messaged person I bought them from... maybe they can request their cable be sent to me instead is the easiest way.

Feb 8, 2017 at 7:47 PM Post #3,119 of 4,141
  Really? I received no email alerting me that a cable was being shipped. I'll have to keep an eye out for it, I guess...

The e-mail was a status update sent 1/18. Check your email (and spam folder) on that date. It should have gone to the email of your Massdrop account.
The title was "Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX Headphones Drop Update" and the reply address was support@massdrop.com

http://www.head-fi.org/t/824703/sennheiser-x-massdrop-hd6xx-review-preview-head-fi-tv/2895#post_13185619

Users who are viewing this thread

Back