Sennheiser Warranty Transfer
Mar 4, 2017 at 4:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Metrops

100+ Head-Fier
Good evening,

Does anyone know if you can transfer the warranty from one customer (HD 700) to another customer. The original invoice will be sent to the new customer with all the details on it (from an Authorised seller) and it still has around 23 months warranty on it.

Thank you

Mar 4, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #2 of 6
  Good evening,

Does anyone know if you can transfer the warranty from one customer (HD 700) to another customer. The original invoice will be sent to the new customer with all the details on it (from an Authorised seller) and it still has around 23 months warranty on it.

Thank you

I just pulled out my brand new HD 600 warranty and read it. Twice. In my paperwork, it is not directly addressed what the situation is for transferred product warranties. What it does is list about a hundred criteria and then at the bottom of that list, it says under no other conditions is the warranty in force. So, there you have it. This is not very helpful, I realize--sorry. It is what my paperwork says for a brand new HD 600. Sennheiser needs to work on its paperwork game, evidently.

Mar 4, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #3 of 6
  I just pulled out my brand new HD 600 warranty and read it. Twice. In my paperwork, it is not directly addressed what the situation is for transferred product warranties. What it does is list about a hundred criteria and then at the bottom of that list, it says under no other conditions is the warranty in force. So, there you have it. This is not very helpful, I realize--sorry. It is what my paperwork says for a brand new HD 600. Sennheiser needs to work on its paperwork game, evidently.

I am confused, haha. What does that even mean?

Mar 4, 2017 at 8:36 PM Post #5 of 6
  It means the issue is not directly addressed in the warranty declaration--which is totally ridiculous. What I would do is call them and ask if the warranty on your 700 is transferrable or not. The number is 877 736 6434.

I contacted them on Friday, no E-Mail yet. They stated if buying on Ebay they might not cover the warranty, as they do not know if it has come from an Authorised Dealer, yet does not state if an Authorised Dealer receipt is provided with the HD 700 being sold will allow a warranty transfer, as they know the official dealer.

Mar 4, 2017 at 8:57 PM Post #6 of 6

I contacted them on Friday, no E-Mail yet. They stated if buying on Ebay they might not cover the warranty, as they do not know if it has come from an Authorised Dealer, yet does not state if an Authorised Dealer receipt is provided with the HD 700 being sold will allow a warranty transfer, as they know the official dealer.

It surprises me they do not have a more definitive answer for you. "We might and we might not not cover it..." just seems ridiculous to me. I guess the best you can do is to be sure the authorized dealer receipt travels with the headphones to their new home. If something requiring service happens in the next 23 months, hopefully they will cover it with the original receipt.   Not a very satisfying Sennheiser interaction, to be sure. ---(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back