Sennheiser VS Commercial Line
Oct 1, 2008 at 1:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

felichella

New Head-Fier
I have been discovering details of sound in my headphones sennheiser HD-201 and especially in my HD-205 that impress me immensely for his spectacular loyalty, thing that was not finding in my oldies Sony CD250 with any more than 15 years.
My system is simple with 1 dvd LG DR 175 and a reader of cd-i Philips CDI 210, and like enlargement I use at present the Denon PMA-655R with a few also already ancient columns Pioneer CS-701.
But my question here is to know if really as it is possible the difference of the Sony in order that the Sennheiser are so a so great visa when Sony to be one of the most given prestige enterprises of the sector electronic of the most commercial.
Do I know that Sony is commercial and Sennheiser is more worn-out at professional level, but the great difference is in the materials, in his engineering or in the investments that each enterprise has to develop a determined product?
My great friends since I feel use Sennheiser very much more pleasure in hearing sets to music and I know what I say because I have here cd's very ancient that I heard in 2 systems and the resonant difference is enormous!!
Does it have similar opinions also regarding my question?
dt880smile.png
beerchug.gif

Oct 1, 2008 at 1:17 PM Post #2 of 10
Yes Sony is a bigger company, but im willing to bet Sennheiser has invested more money into headphone research, development, and production than Sony. Sony is just an electronics company that decided to sell some headphones just like everyone else, but Sennheiser specializes in headphones.

Oct 1, 2008 at 2:16 PM Post #5 of 10
The only thing which proves this wrong are Sony headphones like SA5000 or R10.

these are not commercial headphones at all.

Afraid to say but in the past week i realized that HD600 & HD650 are not the king of the hill for me anymore.

Before coming to head-fi ..i thot Sony makes consumer level headphones and 1 or 2 good monitoring ones.

although i am yet to listen to Sony premium headphones next week but i think SA5000 are something i am willing to checkout.

if better then why not give them a try....because i have never heard any Fast Analytical kind of headphones before.

Oct 1, 2008 at 2:39 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

The only thing which proves this wrong are Sony headphones like SA5000 or R10.

these are just too good according to many compared to Sennheiser.

Those Sony's are too good to be compared to consumer-grade Sennheisers. Try to compare them to Orpheus.

Oct 1, 2008 at 3:25 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by QQQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try to compare them to Orpheus.

The R10 VS the he90 is an easy battle to define. and largely comes down to a question of sonic preferences.

Which do you prefer:
a can with slightly better microdetail
OR
one with any bass impact.

They dont differ too greatly in detail, but some people do value more detail more than even a little bass-impact.

Oct 3, 2008 at 12:58 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by QQQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those Sony's are too good to be compared to consumer-grade Sennheisers. Try to compare them to Orpheus.

that ll be unfair... Sony will be Pwned!

guess what ..i missed the chance to audition R10 last week.

the main reason is that i wanna really know how good Closed can sound

Oct 3, 2008 at 1:44 PM Post #10 of 10
Judging on how it can be compared to Orpheus.
it must sound extremely sick.
After my O levels i will definitely audition it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back