Sennheiser Urbanite XL vs Momentum Over-the-ear. Need your help!!
Jul 7, 2015 at 1:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Light

New Head-Fier
Hey, Soon I'm going to to buy a new Over the ear headphones( after using Bose AE2) and need to decide betrween the Urbanite XL and the Momentum Over-Ear (1st Gen.).
I really need your honest opinion - I can't find a person who use one of them, and don't have a place where I can try them on.
So, What do you think willl be better in the persepective of:
-Comfort (at least 3 hours of listening)
-Portability (The Urbanite can be fold... but the momentum has a case)
- Sound (which one is more clear and natural sound)
I like listen to Classical and Electronic music, sometimes Rock.

What do you think I should choose?

Jul 9, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #3 of 16
ive heard the urbanite the sound is not as good as momentums, but this was compared to the second generations

and i think for your needs urbanite may be better....folding/ergonamical design

momentums will have better sound, but i dont think there will be a massive difference with the 1st gen

Jul 9, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #5 of 16
  ive heard the urbanite the sound is not as good as momentums, but this was compared to the second generations

momentums will have better sound, but i dont think there will be a massive difference with the 1st gen

Momentums by a country mile. Urbanites are were really underwhelming

So the sound is better at the Momentum(1st), but the comfort/portabilty is with the Urbanite?
Which one weighs less?

Jul 9, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #6 of 16
So the sound is better at the Momentum(1st), but the comfort/portabilty is with the Urbanite?
Which one weighs less?

I have the ae2 and the Momentums, didn't like the urbanites. They lack clarity and definition in the mids. Even the aE2 have less mid bass and doesn't cloud the mids. Momentums sound a lot clearer and more natural. Comfort is very good but if you have big ears they aren't a good option

Jul 10, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #7 of 16
I have the ae2 and the Momentums, didn't like the urbanites. They lack clarity and definition in the mids. Even the aE2 have less mid bass and doesn't cloud the mids. Momentums sound a lot clearer and more natural. Comfort is very good but if you have big ears they aren't a good option

I have the ae2 also. comparing to their earcups- the momenum's are smaller?

Jul 14, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #11 of 16
So do you recommand me to buy the on-ear version? or should I go with the urbanite. The earcups size is important to me and Im afraid that the OverEar will be too small..(my ear length is like 6cm while the earcups length is 5cm)

The on ear has more bass and more treble than the over ear momentum. And it will also be less comfortable than the AE2 because it is an on ear. My ears are 6.7cm long and I can get a decent fit with over ear Momentums so I think you should be ok. But it gets better as the pads soften over time too

Jul 14, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #12 of 16
The on ear has more bass and more treble than the over ear momentum. And it will also be less comfortable than the AE2 because it is an on ear. My ears are 6.7cm long and I can get a decent fit with over ear Momentums so I think you should be ok. But it gets better as the pads soften over time too

OH! It's nice to hear. I was about to change my decision but now I think I will order the Over ear Momentum!
Thank you for you help, really appreciate it!

Feb 12, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #13 of 16
On the deciding between these two headphones now.

Listen mainly to EDM, rock, hip hop, acoustic.

Switching from Beats Pro's, so yes they are muddy, and each of the listed models will produce a better sound 10 fold. But I guess I still want a bit of a brain rattle from the EDM bass kicks.

Driving off iPhone 6 or iPad pro. Spotify Premium at 320 k/bits. Yes I'd use Tidal, but it's just over 3x the price :thumbsdown_tone1:

Momentum 1 for $229AUD
Urbanite XL for $259AUD

Momentums I'm thinking.....

May 6, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #15 of 16

The 1st gen momentum sounded pretty much like the 2nd gen. having done blind testing it's honestly hard to tell which one is on your head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back