Sennheiser Urbanite, Momentum or V-Moda 100.
Dec 23, 2014 at 12:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

KiKe

New Head-Fier
I can't decide which ones.
I prefer the sound quality over the aesthetic. 
I am interested in having that, sound quality. The only thing is that I don´t know which ones are better in this aspect.
I haven't had the chance to try them, and I think this forum, can help me with that, because there are plenty of Audiophiles.
Which ones sound better? 
I listen every kind of music, mostly Indie Rock. 
Or please recommend me another headphones with the same price range, with the best sound quality possible.
I'd be very thankful, because I really want to buy one of these category.

Dec 23, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #2 of 3
This is hard to answer, as quality for me may not be the same for you.

Some people on Head Fi want a lot of treble because they want as much high frequency detail as possible, others want less of that and enjoy the detail in the midrange - they might actually suffer pain while they get too much treble, and have to turn the music down.

If you like indie rock (or any rock), you might want to hear the midrange and you might not want treble/high energy sound causing discomfort.

So for instance the Urbanite might be better for me, as I enjoy the smoothness and midrange but not for you. if you like listening to hihats and cymbals, and the edgy distortion harmonics then perhaps Momentum (from your choices).

What do you listen to, within what you listen to?
wink_face.gif

Dec 23, 2014 at 8:16 AM Post #3 of 3
I don't know the urbanite. The Momentum and the M100 are very different headphones. The Momentum is a smooth, warm headphone. The M100 is a bassy, V-shaped headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back