Sennheiser street series questions/suggestions please
Mar 5, 2007 at 6:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Syntax010011

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I am a new poster here, but your information has proved most valuable. I use a pair of Audio Technica a700's for home usage and now I am looking for a portable pair of ear/headphones. I use my Creative Zen Vision:M 60gb mostly for an audio source on the go. I have been having a tough time choosing a portable pair of ear/headphones. I purchased the pmx 100 as I like behind the neck headphones, but the pressure it uses to hold to my head was too great and always gave me headaches with short periods of usage. I am currently looking at several street style Sennheisers. I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on these models: Sennheiser OMX50, Sennheiser PMX 60, Sennheiser MX55v, and Sennheiser OMX 52. I would be using these for walking around city environments as well as active usage. Thank you for any reviews or advice you can give me. I wasn't getting much in the search box, more user profiles than threads on these topics. Thanks again, take care

Mar 5, 2007 at 3:35 PM Post #3 of 11
Oh :-\ maybe I shouldn't have returned them, maybe I will repurchase them. Thank you for the tip and if anyone has any more advice on these ear/headphones please let me know. Thank you

Mar 5, 2007 at 6:53 PM Post #4 of 11
*bump*
etysmile.gif

Mar 5, 2007 at 9:00 PM Post #6 of 11
the pmx100 is just like the px100 but with no case. it rocks. i like the single side cable...could be about 6 in. longer tho but its ok i'm nitpicking.

i have the mx75 as well and i couldt be happier with that as a sport headphone

Mar 5, 2007 at 9:10 PM Post #7 of 11
Thank you for further info. Do you know if the MX55v's are the same as the mx75? I'm not a fan of the color scheme as much since it attracts attention (unfortunately, I like the colors but I live in an urban area :frowning2:) I am assuming the bump up in price is due to water resistance. If you know if there is a difference between the two please let me know as I am very interested in the mx55v's. Thanks again :)

Mar 6, 2007 at 2:12 AM Post #8 of 11
mx55 and mx75 look similar but I would say they probably different.
I'm pretty sure higher number line is better than lower one, since MX90 OMX90 LX90 are the top line for their current earbud scheme.

Mar 6, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #9 of 11
My question is: Why Sennheiser? There are ALOT of other great headphones in the same price range that are more comfortable and better sounding than some of the Senn portables that are out today.

Mar 6, 2007 at 3:15 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcramen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mx55 and mx75 look similar but I would say they probably different.
I'm pretty sure higher number line is better than lower one, since MX90 OMX90 LX90 are the top line for their current earbud scheme.

Thats usually true, but not always - with Senns.

I have a PX200 and PX100, and most reveiewers agree: PX100 sounds much much better. PX200 costs more too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back