Sennheiser Sports: MX 680 or MX 685?
Dec 28, 2012 at 10:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Aquaquake

New Head-Fier
Well Im not sure if Im in right section, but I'll just drop it here:

So the question is: which one is better? Sennheiser MX 680 or MX 685? The price is pretty much the same and 685 is quite newer, but newer doesn't always mean better =P
The thing I like about MX 680 is that it has straight jack, but are there any special improvements on 685? 

Thanks for any answers.

Dec 28, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #2 of 7
The MX680 only has a straight jack on the short cord. Plug the extension in and then it is right angled. Though I like that since I use an iriver T9, wear it around my neck and can do any kind of sports/ball playing with very little cable and weight and still have easy access to the device.

That is one thing that they dropped the ball on. People complained and they took the short cord away in the new series. Problem was that people only really had a problem with the large and cumbersome volume control at the connection point and not so much the modular cable aspect. So, not sure if that is an issue or preference for you. Other than that the MX685 looks to be better as far as fit than the previous one and the sound doesn't seem much different. Though with buds better fit = better sound, so the 685 could sound better based on having a better fit.

Me, I have the PMX680 and would not get the PMX685i. The 685i is 3 grams heavier, is an i version which I don't need, and is long cable only.

If the price is the same, then decide based on the cable and and which type of fit mechanism you think would work better for you.

Dec 28, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #4 of 7
Well, I hate the volume control extension cord so I use a different extension and it has a straight plug. You have the option of doing that with the 680. A couple of bucks may be worth it to get another extension if you want the straight plug. So, your actually only stuck with RA on the 685.

Jan 1, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #7 of 7
I have been using PMX680 for almost two years now, and I do really believe those earphones are the best thing my iPod classic could get for running.
They isolate fairly well, the headband helps a lot, and I never lost them, even in fast pacing running moments. Of course, I usually run in closed parks, so I don't have to worry about traffic an cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back