Sennheiser sound with lower impendance???
Sep 27, 2007 at 10:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

88Chris

100+ Head-Fier
hey, guys.

i really like the way the sennhesier HD580/600's sound. but when i try to use them with my portable setup, at work. they just don't sound as good. so i'm looking for something with that same type of seperation and detail, but with lower impedance. something that will sound good out of my ipod/hornet setup.

thanks.
-Chris

Sep 27, 2007 at 10:47 PM Post #2 of 5
Koss KSC75 with Kramer mod and Quarter cut pads. I just let a friend borrow one of my modded KSC75's and he sent me a message later on shocked and awed by the sound, of course he is stepping up from cheap earbuds, none the less they are the best you can get for the money and then some. Plus with your rig they will sound even better.

Other thing how long have you had your Hornet? You may just need to burn it in still since I think alot of people around here have that same set up and love it.

Sep 28, 2007 at 1:21 AM Post #4 of 5
I believe most or all senn's are designed to be used with low impedance output jacks. I know the HD580/HD600 series were designed to be used with low impedance jacks, although there nominal impedance are like 300 Ohms.

Try a different source. maybe the hornet is not at fault.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back