Sennheiser RS185 vs RS220?
Mar 13, 2015 at 1:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

cpgl007

New Head-Fier
I currently own two pairs of RS220, both of them has power disconnection issue (unusable), the Senheisser Canada offers me either replacement of RS220 or RS185.

RS220 has some signal cut off issue, but the sound quality wise is the best I can hope for. There aren't much review about RS185... but no signal issue for sure..

need your input, thanks.

Mar 23, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #2 of 4
yeah- it's a shame.
I demoed the RS220.
Outstanding sound for a wireless system- but would drop the signal- only for the briefest half a second- but way too often.
I tried to deal with it- but returned them.
I'm not sure many dealers even carry them anymore.

I tried the RS185 last week.
It's very good.
No signal drop out.
Sound quality is tad below RS220- but I only tested the RCA input- optical might be better.

I am really considering keep them.
Surprised there is so little info on Sennheiser's new wireless line.

Mar 23, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #3 of 4
  yeah- it's a shame.
I demoed the RS220.
Outstanding sound for a wireless system- but would drop the signal- only for the briefest half a second- but way too often.
I tried to deal with it- but returned them.
I'm not sure many dealers even carry them anymore.

I tried the RS185 last week.
It's very good.
No signal drop out.
Sound quality is tad below RS220- but I only tested the RCA input- optical might be better.

I am really considering keep them.
Surprised there is so little info on Sennheiser's new wireless line.

Thanks.... The Sennheiser has two year warranty, there is still exactly 1 year left... I am hoping they can have something equvalent to RS220 relased like RS225? The current RS185 looks like a HD598 equvalent, where RS220 is closer to HD650 (sound signature wise). 

Apr 18, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #4 of 4
Is the RS220 still widely considered to be better overall when it comes to SQ?
I was about to upgrade to the 220 (currently have the 180), but then recently I heard about the new x85 range.

Thank-you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back