Sennheiser RS180 - Connecting
Jan 22, 2014 at 4:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

otto88

New Head-Fier
Hi

(The manual doesn't advise which to use)

A simple connection question - from the amplifier to the Sennheiser’s transmitter unit

The amplifier (a Cambridge Audio 640A) has both:

·         Pre-Amp Output, and

·         Headphone Output

For best sound quality and possible higher volume - Which  is better to use? 

Thanks Kindly

Richard

Jan 22, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #2 of 3
I would probably use the lineout. The headphones are self-powered, and I really don't think either will provide more volume. It probably doesn't really matter - the wireless probably swamps any minor differences in the sound quality of the input signal.

Oct 23, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #3 of 3
I bought last week, not so much for music but when I need to work and move around. They really track sound from quite far away from my apartment.
Connecting was a problem. I had bought them cheaply  probably since the previous owner could not make a connection to hear. There is a youtube video, a rep of sennheiser and he says to use the single black cable. NOTHING worked for me, even though I did everything. I found a manual easily online PDF. Nothing worked and yesterday I travelled a long distance to return them, but forgot to bring the RCA plug with me. They refused to take it and I begged them to let me buy the same rca cable which they also sell..... and me a regular customer I was sent home with the earphones. Which made me more determined to connect the B. 
HERE it was SOLVED The darn manual is very long and seems repatitive in the explanation on connecting the station to earphones.  At the very end of a long  manual  :
""Press the bottom of the 3 buttons on the front of the transmitting station and at the same time press the connecting button on the earphones FOR 7 SECONDS simultaneasly,  and  wait 30 seconds more for actually sound.
It worked !
I also sucseeded simply in connecting it to my Asus Xonar U7 amp with no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back