sennheiser? Reccomendations? (vague i know but have a read)
Aug 28, 2008 at 7:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

smegger

100+ Head-Fier
This is kinda general, my friend has just started a placement with a speaker company related to sennheiser he says he can get me a good discount something like 1/4 off on anything i want so i was wondering what would be a good addition from their stable?

I currently have k601s, some grado sr80s, and er4ps

i was thinking of a closed set of cans sometime in the future but im not sure what to go for beyers where drawing me in! TBH i was looking for something totally different as i love the k601s sound its always good to have a range of different sounding headphones!

i listen to most stuff but i really like rock and metal, tho i have i real like for electronic and classical growing at the min (weird i know lol).

so regardless of price anything i really should look into in their range? as i dont really know senns, just hd 600s and 650s ive really read about!

cheers!

Aug 28, 2008 at 8:30 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by smegger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is kinda general, my friend has just started a placement with a speaker company related to sennheiser he says he can get me a good discount something like 1/4 off on anything i want so i was wondering what would be a good addition from their stable?

I currently have k601s, some grado sr80s, and er4ps

i was thinking of a closed set of cans sometime in the future but im not sure what to go for beyers where drawing me in! TBH i was looking for something totally different as i love the k601s sound its always good to have a range of different sounding headphones!

i listen to most stuff but i really like rock and metal, tho i have i real like for electronic and classical growing at the min (weird i know lol).

so regardless of price anything i really should look into in their range? as i dont really know senns, just hd 600s and 650s ive really read about!

cheers!

I had the HD580, quite similar to the HD600.
But I much prefer my K601. I think they are hard to beat.

Aug 28, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiemen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had the HD580, quite similar to the HD600.
But I much prefer my K601. I think they are hard to beat.

x2.

Have you tried the K601 out of the Rotel? If you get the HD600/HD650 the cmoy probably won't be enough. The K601 should sound better out of the Rotel too.

Edit: Another question, why are you going from your iPod to a DAC to your amps? More important, how are you doing this since iPods only have analog out?

Aug 29, 2008 at 12:34 PM Post #4 of 4
sorry dude my computer runs to my alien and ipod now and again through an ic.

ive got a millet max sitting here ready to go if i could just get it cased up so i should have a good amp soon!

ill maybe not waste any money and get him to get me a pair of px100s or summit for on the go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back