Sennheiser Pxc 450 , are they any good?
Dec 9, 2013 at 9:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Bassbanger101

New Head-Fier
I really just want some good relaxing headphones for just chillin out and listening to some music. I want good sound but I also want comfort and noise cancellation. I was looking into the sennheiser pxc 450s and they seem to be right up my alley. I just wanted some more opinions before I blow $250 bucks on them. What do you guys think?

Dec 18, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #2 of 2
Well, I am not a PCX 450 owner, but I know there are definitely a few on this site.  Even though I haven't heard them, I think I've formed a pretty good idea of what the 450's sound and feel like.  Firstly, they are a decidedly comfortable and quiet headphone (from what I've read).  Most people are buying them for the active cancellation, which they excel at.  As for the sound quality, these headphones will certainly impress the audio newbie coming from their iBuds.  I've heard that they are stronger in the mids, suffer from rolloff in the highs, and have decent, but not the deepest bass range.  One major hiccup though (credit to user Skylab for this one)
 When used with the NC circuit, the bass is significantly reduced. And I mean significantly.

Now, this might just be an early production model issue (posted '07), and if you listen in a quite place with NC off, this obviously isn't a problem.  Bottom line, I'm sure the 450's won't disappoint especially if you're coming from mediocre audio products.  Should be a good all-arounder but if you really want to feel your music, there are better options.
Hope this helped solidify your decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back