Sennheiser px200 cushions fit on px100 ?
Feb 21, 2005 at 1:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

cozmo5050

Head-Fier
hello, just as the title states, will the Sennheiser px200 cushion fit to replace the px100 foam covers? i wonder if these 2 are the exact headphones other than the cushioning. .... so will they fit?

i own the px100... and am curious about the px200.. but i dont want to buy both if i already own one.
confused.gif

thanks in advance to all replies.
eggosmile.gif

Feb 21, 2005 at 2:46 PM Post #3 of 8
hahah... thanks man. i love this site !!!
icon10.gif

Feb 21, 2005 at 3:06 PM Post #4 of 8
I don't think so.
The PX100 have an open back. Maybe the pads fit but you won't get a closed can. The px200s have a closed back. I had them briefly and can't remember how the pads were fitted on but I do remember them having a closed back.

PX200
px200_400px.jpg

The back is completely closed.

PX100
px100_400px.jpg

There's foam on the back letting sound in and out.

Feb 21, 2005 at 7:49 PM Post #5 of 8
I'm still curious as to whether the px200 pads on the px100 will, by virtue of moving the transducers away from the ears give a bit better high end. There is so much low end that giving up a bit of bass for better highs and possibly a marginally better soundstage is a good trade off. Or maybe not.
biggrin.gif

If anyone has tried the pad switch please speak up.
thanks

Jan 23, 2016 at 3:58 AM Post #6 of 8
Hi 

If I can help here.... dont do it!. The PX200 pads do something that shouldnt be happening on a PX100.

Im listening now because I lost one foam pad on the train the other day. I realised I had some of the cheap but well made other manufacturer PX200 type pads still sealed in a bag that I bought ages ago to try.

I put them on while ordering some new foam pads on the internet.

In short they dont work and add some sort of echo chamber effect and uncomfortable sound. Its difficult to describe fully but they are worse than the foam pads the PX100 was designed for.

Thats why I had these pads stored away in a shoebox. Ive never owned PX200s but they must do something differently that requires the different pads. A lot of internet sellers have just been generically saying they work on The PX100...they dont. Sure they look good but stick with the foam pads

Jan 25, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #7 of 8
I tried this. The bass feels like its hitting your ears but you lose the whole open feel, they lose so much quality. You're better off using the factory ear pads. I went back to the stock ones after using px200 pads for a couple of days. though my friend who loves hip hop liked the feeling a lot. She doesn't care so much about quality so she's fine with it.

Jan 28, 2016 at 6:23 AM Post #8 of 8
yep you do lose the open feeling and the sound becomes painful above low volumes because it seems to be bouncing back on itself in a tube chamber. Its an odd feeling and part of the pad seems to cover the sound transmission path

I thought with them being open backed it may work as the sound pressure would be regulated by escaping out of the back It doesnt though for some reason of physics I dont understand. Its like a build up of sound pressure which is really uncomfortable to the ear

It also takes the drivers too far from the ear and they werent designed for that.

The px200 are closed back so that must make all the difference where these pads are concerned. The sellers shouldnt really be stating they work just because they fit the rim. As I previously said they do look good but are pretty useless on a px100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back