Sennheiser px200 advice please.
Jun 3, 2005 at 3:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

jubbly

New Head-Fier
I am a bit confused with regards to these headphones as some people say they sound great and others say that they sound horrible.
I appreciate that it is down to personal opinion at the end of the day.

I am currently using ipod earbuds which i believe are supposed to be one of the better free earbuds around with my sony mini disc.
My question is would the Sennheiser px200's sound better or worse as £40 is a lot to spend if they are not any better.

I want the px200's rather than the px100's as i don't want to annoy people whilst on holiday and i believe they leak a lot less.

Any advice appreciated.

Jun 3, 2005 at 3:58 PM Post #2 of 9
a lot of complaints about the px200 are related to poor seal: some people get a proper seal, that is important for a good bass production, others don't. i'd advice, to try before buy them.

Jun 3, 2005 at 4:05 PM Post #3 of 9
Jun 3, 2005 at 4:08 PM Post #4 of 9
The PX200 is a good inexpensive portable can as long as you don't demand much from sound quality.
wink.gif
I wouldn't call myself an audiophile (yet) but even I can tell the mids aren't quite there, and the highs are rolled off.

Jun 3, 2005 at 5:41 PM Post #6 of 9
I bought my PX200 as they seemed a reasonable compromise for travelling. They fold up small enough to fit in a jacket pocket, but still offer some sound isolation. I use them on planes and find I don't notice the engine noise too much once I have some music on.

Sound quality wise they are not the best I have heard (not as good as my new Grados), but I find them adequate. I think that if you want better sound, with isolation you are going to have to carry something much bigger.

They are available for £31 delivered from Unbeatable , but I'm not sure if you could easily send them back if you don't like them.

Steve

Jun 3, 2005 at 5:56 PM Post #7 of 9
jubbly: What about an A-T ATH-FC7 in disguise (= Creative HQ-1700) for some friendlier < 50 Euro instead?

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Jun 3, 2005 at 8:51 PM Post #8 of 9
I have a pair of PX200s for when I want to use my iPod but need to shut out other sound--mostly I use them when I go grocery shopping so I don't have to hear whatever they're playing. I would describe them as "adequate" sounding, but nothing to write home about. Certainly KSC-35s blow them away sound-wise, but of course those are open... I'd not be at all surprised if the ATH-FC7s sounded better.

Jun 4, 2005 at 11:51 AM Post #9 of 9
I have had the px200 for awhile. I was upgrading from the iPod earbuds, but I was not that impressed with them. I might be too picky, but I feel like I have to adjust them on my ears alot to get a proper seal. I just got some hd 201 and like them considerably more. The px200 had a little too much bass for my taste, and it seemed to drown out the highs and mids. The hd 201 seem to be more balanced. I also really like the fit of the hd 201 compared to the px200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back