Sennheiser PX100s: Can only hear sound out of one ear
Nov 26, 2007 at 3:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

TheChuckster

New Head-Fier
My second pair of Sennheiser PX100s died the same death -- sound now only comes out of one ear. I think it's the connector because if I wiggle it a certain way, sometimes the sound comes back on for a brief second or so. Which sucks because those headphones had the BEST sound quality I've ever heard.

The treble is so accurate, crisp, and clear that you sometimes hear things and look around because you don't think they came from the outside world. The bass is very punchy and present, too. The thing I liked best is the soundscape -- you felt like you were listening to surround sound instead of stereo.

Could anyone recommend some headphones with the same quality as the PX100s that might last a bit longer? For $40, it's hard to beat the PX100s. I'm looking for portability, but noise cancellation would be a nice plus. The one thing I didn't like about the Sennheisers is that the whole world could hear my music just as well as I could even on low volumes. If there is a way to fix the Sennheisers, that would be perfect, though. I think the wire or the connector is broken because of the wiggling "fix".

Dec 27, 2007 at 4:52 AM Post #3 of 8
It's been an entire month and I still haven't heard anything from Sennheiser. I went on their website and filled out the form where you could discuss warranties, support, and the like. I gave them my e-mail address but never received a response. This is annoying because now I've lost two pairs of $50 headphones. I should have just spent $100 on Shure buds, and I still would have had them working. What should I do? Get new headphones?

Dec 27, 2007 at 5:28 AM Post #6 of 8
luckily, my father has a solder ,so i can tried to do it .
maybe your px100s speaker is ok but the thin wires is cut off .
you can also look for a new wire and someone good at soldering to connect it .

Dec 27, 2007 at 5:33 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheChuckster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My second pair of Sennheiser PX100s died the same death -- sound now only comes out of one ear. I think it's the connector because if I wiggle it a certain way, sometimes the sound comes back on for a brief second or so

Sounds very much like a loose connection within the jack. It is something easily fixed by cutting off the current jack and soldering in a new one. If you can't do it, put up a 'WTB' thread here and hopefully you find someone near you who will do it (either charitably or for a small fee).

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back