Sennheiser PX100 Retro
Feb 12, 2005 at 3:18 PM Post #16 of 22
I don't understand "retro" but in this (pads) clothing the PX100 looks sexy.
smily_headphones1.gif

It needs a lot of burn-in to sound good; to my ears it eventually improved quite a bit, really. Be confident...

Feb 12, 2005 at 5:30 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrea
I don't understand "retro" but in this (pads) clothing the PX100 looks sexy.
smily_headphones1.gif

The PX100, as Sennheiser says, has many features in common with the old HD414 (THE FIRST OPEN HEADPHONE!!!), the most known version of the HD414 is black with yellow foams (I have the HD424). So Sennheiser decide to make an old-styling PX100. For me that I loved the sweet musical sound of the HD424 is a love to see this yellow PX100, but for a person who don't know about old Sennheiser probably this retro-style doesn't mean anything...

Andrea

Feb 12, 2005 at 5:42 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by amartignano
but for a person who don't know about old Sennheiser probably this retro-style doesn't mean anything...

Hmm ? I thought it's the retro yellow padded Grado look ?
wink.gif

Andrea, do you still use your 424 ?

Feb 13, 2005 at 9:49 AM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nak Man
Hmm ? I thought it's the retro yellow padded Grado look ?
wink.gif

Andrea, do you still use your 424 ?

The 424 it's my father's one, and my grandpa has another pair never used in the box!!! Yes, I still use it sometimes, when I want a VERY relaxing sound, but they can't compete with today cans.

Bye
Andrea

Feb 13, 2005 at 10:01 AM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by amartignano
The PX100, as Sennheiser says, has many features in common with the old HD414 (THE FIRST OPEN HEADPHONE!!!), the most known version of the HD414 is black with yellow foams (I have the HD424). So Sennheiser decide to make an old-styling PX100. For me that I loved the sweet musical sound of the HD424 is a love to see this yellow PX100, but for a person who don't know about old Sennheiser probably this retro-style doesn't mean anything...

Andrea

Ah, so the term draws off the legend.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 8, 2008 at 1:29 PM Post #22 of 22
I have a pair for sale. $120 shipped, brand new in packaging with warranty through the official dealer in Hong Kong. Paypal only, and only confirmed addresses.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back