Sennheiser PX100 or JVC Marshmallows?
Jan 9, 2007 at 5:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Technex

100+ Head-Fier
Hello there guys, long time no see
frown.gif

I'm enjoying my Audio-Technica a900's thanks to you though! Thanks.

This time I've come to the issue of purchasing some new portable headphones/buds.

Now the Sennheiser PX100 and the JVC Marshmallow's come into my budget which is under 20 pounds ($40).

I've been down this road before, I purchased the JVC Gummy's in hope that they would be better than the stock buds but.. they wasn't really the sound is good when EQ'ed but there just not comfy and they suffer from the "if you push them in your ears they sound better thing :p."

Anyway what I need is good sound quality (Bass I like but clear and not destroying everything else) and comfort. Also sound leakage can't be to much as it's for use in college.

I'm open to any suggestions not just these two, it's just that these are looking best so far.

Thank you guys/gals
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 9, 2007 at 6:20 PM Post #2 of 8
Well, I got the OVC t25's today , they better my JVC fx55 IEMs and the px100's. No overbearing bass.

Got them for 29 dollars incl. shipping but I think they where the last pair... there's a ebay shop from germany selling them for 45 incl. shipping. Or get them from a chinese seller (ebay.cn)

Jan 11, 2007 at 9:04 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by robert1325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I got the OVC t25's today , they better my JVC fx55 IEMs and the px100's. No overbearing bass.

Got them for 29 dollars incl. shipping but I think they where the last pair... there's a ebay shop from germany selling them for 45 incl. shipping. Or get them from a chinese seller (ebay.cn)

they look like Vibes:

http://cgi.ebay.com.cn/ws/eBayISAPI....Name=WDVW&rd=1

in any case, for SQ, go w/ the PX100; for isolation, HA-FX33.

the marshmallows do sound decent for their price. it is bassy, and does mud up the highs, but with that being said, they're still way better than the erstwhile EX71s...

Jan 11, 2007 at 11:16 AM Post #7 of 8
The Creative EP-630 is available for around £12.50 delivered via Amazon Marketplace. The Sennheiser CX300 is available direct from Amazon for £22 delivered and is probably a better bet than either.

I use both the EP-630 and the PX100 with my iPod, the PX100 leaks like crazy and will annoy your colleagues if any of them sit close to you but is an excellent headphone. The EP-630 gets most ear-time.

In True Head-fi fashion, I suggest you buy both!
icon10.gif

Simon

Jan 13, 2007 at 9:14 AM Post #8 of 8
Well, after a bit of thinking I'm going to go for the JVC marshmallows. I quite like a bit of bass
smily_headphones1.gif

But the comfort sounds good also. I've decided against the PX100 because of the ammount it leaks. I don't really like leaking headphones/earbuds :/.

Thank you for your help
smily_headphones1.gif

Should be getting them today for £14.95 fromJohn Lewis. Nice black ones
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back