Sennheiser PX100-II Replacement
Apr 5, 2021 at 10:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Mosquito Control

New Head-Fier
Hey there, I've been using the Sennheiser PX100 series of portable headphones for years now. My pair is starting to go bad and so is my wife's pair of PX200s. I was disappointed to find out that this series of headphones is no longer available. I really liked how cheap and portable they were, with the ability to fold them up and put them in a case. Is there anything comparable out there nowadays? I'm not interested in ear buds.

Apr 5, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #2 of 3
The fold-up PX100 and case was a monumental feat of engineering that wasn't really appreciated at the time - probably because the actual headphone was not really that good. I had a couple of them, yet a simple pair of Koss KSC-75 for $15 blows the PX100 out of the water.

The closest match is probably the Koss PortaPro. It sounds somewhat similar. They compress into a tight circle with a headband that clips to itself, but the comfort is lacking and the telescoping metal headband always pulled my hair. The Koss KSC-75 sounds fantastic by comparison and is probably the best buy in audio today. It doesn't come with a fancy case, or even a bag, but I'm sure there are after-market folks out there who make things for them.

May 7, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #3 of 3
Hey there, I've been using the Sennheiser PX100 series of portable headphones for years now. My pair is starting to go bad and so is my wife's pair of PX200s. I was disappointed to find out that this series of headphones is no longer available. I really liked how cheap and portable they were, with the ability to fold them up and put them in a case. Is there anything comparable out there nowadays? I'm not interested in ear buds.
How is it going bad? There are replacement foam cushions and earpads out there.

As for the previous poster and his praise of the KSC75, I have the KSC75, PortaPros, and the PX100 (v1), and I would take the PX100 over any of them (especially the PortaPros) for general listening. The KSC75 is quite bass light in general, especially when compared to the other two cans. Still, the KSC75 is quite nice with classical music provided that you mod them with Yaxipads and the cheapo Parts Express headband.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back