Sennheiser PX100 for Girlfriend
Jul 19, 2006 at 2:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

theBishop

New Head-Fier
My girlfriend has been using my SR-60s non-stop lately. It was cute at first, but after about 2 weeks, I realized its time to cut her off.
smily_headphones1.gif

I started suggesting headphones to her that would sound good like the Grados, but that would be more stylish and/or comfortable.

So I conviced her to put up $60 for the Sennheiser PX100s based on reviews here and other places online.

Do you think that was a good suggestion? What's the opinion of the PX100's here?

Jul 19, 2006 at 2:11 AM Post #2 of 17
IMO the new PX100s are great if you like clear, bright, forward highs.

BTW, i just spilled half a glass of water on mine 30 minutes ago
basshead.gif
Riiight on the backside. I hope they are OK..

Jul 19, 2006 at 2:12 AM Post #3 of 17
Good decision - although you might have gotten her to put up about $20 too much - you can get the PX100's for $39.99 from TigerDirect. In fact, I'm probably going to do that for myself, as my KSC75's are on the fritz.

Jul 19, 2006 at 2:36 AM Post #5 of 17
Just to clarify things, the PX-100s sound good, like the Grados, but they do not sound like the Grados. I hope that's not what you were going for. If it was, try the KSC-75s. They sound much more like the SR-60 than the PX-100 does.

Jul 19, 2006 at 3:23 AM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmicmoose
Just to clarify things, the PX-100s sound good, like the Grados, but they do not sound like the Grados. I hope that's not what you were going for. If it was, try the KSC-75s. They sound much more like the SR-60 than the PX-100 does.

That's what I thought.
I have the PortaPro2 and if they sound similar to the Grados, BOY THOSE ARE COMPLETE OPPOSITE OF THE PX100'S.

The PX100's are bloated with bass and has a soft, more leaned back sound. Opposed to the in-your-face, punchy sound.

Haven't the Grado Streetstyles been announced for release somtime this year? September, was it? Can't remember.

Jul 19, 2006 at 3:35 AM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong
The PX100's are bloated with bass and has a soft, more leaned back sound. Opposed to the in-your-face, punchy sound.

You must be listening to the old version of the PX100. I wouldn't describe the newer version as having bloated bass or being "leaned back". At all.

Jul 19, 2006 at 3:36 AM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by dpippel
You must be listening to the old version of the PX100. I wouldn't describe the newer version as having bloated bass or being "leaned back". At all.

Yeah.

I'll have to try the newer version sometime. (puts it on "the list of doom")

I still think the PortaPros would be cheaper and comes with the famous lifetime warrenty. :O

Jul 19, 2006 at 4:08 AM Post #10 of 17
LOL -- when I read the title of this thread, I thought you wanted to trade your PX100's for a girlfriend.
eek.gif
My its been a very long day.
wink.gif

Jul 19, 2006 at 9:28 AM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiodude
Don't forget to tell her that there's also a white version of the PX 100.

True, that. And if you order the white ones you will ensure that you get the *new*, improved version. If you order the black ones, odds are that you will receive the old version (it's a crapshoot when ordering online).

Jul 19, 2006 at 9:37 AM Post #14 of 17
I doubt PX100 would be as good as SR60, if she's got used to Grado sound anyway...

Perhaps you should wait for Grado Streetstyle and meanwhile get the KSC75 and do the quarter mod?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back