Sennheiser PX 360 BT - Any thoughts
Feb 23, 2012 at 12:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

countolaf

Head-Fier
Hello Head-fi community,

Long time lurker but just new member here. I am pretty much set on grabbing Sennheiser PX 360 BT but I thought I'd like to hear from you first.

As far as the type of music that I listen to, I listen to a wide range of music. From progressive bands like Dream Theater to alternatives to mainstream music ala Taylor Swift, Katy Perry. I usually prefer neutral balanced sounding headphones however I don't mind some bass as long as it's not muddy.

About my background, I don't really consider myself as an audiophile (or nearly close to it). In fact, my headphones consist mostly of (cheap) in-ear headphones (Sennheiser CX's brand), and I have a Sennheiser 205 and then Meelectronics HT21 as well. So as you can see, this is probably my most expensive headphone purchase yet...

I like PX 360 BT primarily because its not too big and it looks stylish. :) For a circumaural headphones, the earcups aren't too big which I shouldn't have any problems with since my ear size is "below average". I also like its flexibility since you can use it with cord or wireless. Actually I'm fine with the PX 360 but I heard that since the cord is very thin and since its not detachable, you run the risk of losing it pretty quickly (especially for the type of person that I am which is always on the go). And I thought too that the bluetooth is a pretty neat feature for a headphone.

How about the sound? does it sound the same as the non-bluetooth PX 360? Do you need an amp for this type of headphone? I'm not really that knowledgeable with impedance and stuff.

Lastly, feel free to give any other feedback aside from the questions listed above. Or if you want to suggest something, let me know. :)

Thanks in advance.

Oct 28, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #4 of 6
mine hasnt run in yet but my first impression is that i  like the stagining its not very large but still has a decent staging feel. the highs feel a bit harsh when powered by and amp (fiio e 17)and the staging gets a bit distorted. but when i use an amp that boosts the high mids(hippo) its sounds really good.

Nov 3, 2012 at 7:46 AM Post #6 of 6
Kinda an old thread already but I really appreciate your response. :)  I went ahead and picked the PX 210 BT that same month because its cheaper. I agree with impedance because Bluetooth headphones tend to be hard to drive and the built-in battery inside is the one that's handling that when using it actively.

I might get either PXC 310BT or MM450 in the feature because I feel more comfortable wearing an on-ear Bluetooth headphone. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back