Sennheiser PX 200
Jan 25, 2007 at 6:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Knoxious

Head-Fier
Here in Brisbane Australia
The ‘WOW’ Sight and Sound Store has Sennheiser PX 200 for $A129-
Are these considered a good quality headphone ?

If this model has been reviewed could someone point me to it please !
I’ve searched but got lost in the maze !
confused.gif

Jan 25, 2007 at 6:40 AM Post #2 of 7
You could do a lot better than the PX200 if you want something closed and portable. Look into the many Audio-Technica models at audiocubes.com.

Jan 25, 2007 at 7:05 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You could do a lot better than the PX200 if you want something closed and portable. Look into the many Audio-Technica models at audiocubes.com.

Thanks for the quick response Asr

I’m not really after portable

I’m more after real Hi-Fi quality sound in that price range

Jan 25, 2007 at 8:05 AM Post #4 of 7
I bought some PX200s today and I am very happy with them. They sound a lot better than I expected based on the consensus here. They are very nicely balanced, detailed and clean.

The have very low leakage. I was using them today in the research lab where I study, the room is dead quiet and another guy a few metres away couldn't here anything. They do not isolate you from outside noise as much as full size phones but that's the price you pay for portability. I bought the flight version that comes with a really nice zip up case.

I have a pair of Beyer DT-234s (the headset version of the DT231). They have great sound, a little better than the PX200s (mostly because the cover the ear better) but they don't fold. You can get those in oz for about the same as the PX200.

Check out headphones.com.au they have a great range and great prices and do free delivery.

Jan 25, 2007 at 9:50 AM Post #5 of 7
Their isolation is almost non-existent and so is their bass. The rest of the spectrum is pretty good, they are pretty bright for portable 'phones.

Jan 25, 2007 at 11:10 AM Post #6 of 7
Huh? What do you mean by non-existent bass? The only time the PX-200 will sound thin is if you can't get a proper seal. Paired with an equalizer to boost the mid-high range, the PX200 is excellent value at its price range.

Jan 25, 2007 at 11:33 AM Post #7 of 7
It seems to me that the question of bass divides head-fiers. For example the Koss Porta Pros, many love them others call them 'fart cannons'.

I am not a basshead. When I first got my CX300s I thought they were way to bassy. After a week or two and eq'ing I got used to them. But to me the PX200s have a much better bass response. Where the CX300s seem bloated the PX200s seem nicely balanced. But lots of people report their week bass. I think this really is a case of personal preference.

But if the OP doesn't need portability, I still think the DT231s are the best option in that price category. They're a bit ugly but apparently ugly is the new beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back