Sennheiser px 200-ii vs Bose IE2
Dec 23, 2012 at 9:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

funkywon

New Head-Fier
Hi folks!

I wanna get me some decent portable set of head/ear phones. I did some research and found these two models.
What I basically wanna achieve is the following:
1. stay under 100$
2. dont want my music leak to the public
3. get a decent sound for the money I spend

I can find several comparisons between (more or less) similar headphones on the internet,
but these two phones arent very similar as I understand. One is headphone, the other is in ear.
From reviews I can tell that both give a very good sound. But can anyone give me some
explanation on how they are going to be different soundwise?

I listen mostly to rock, jazz and pop (mostly mainstream, music most radiostations play :)).
Thanks a lot!

Dec 23, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #2 of 8
Forget about Sennheiser only their high end is good ADD 20-30$ u can go for Westone 1 or Um 1 good isolation with comply foam or u buy shure olives foam. If not go for Sony XBA-2

Dec 23, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #3 of 8
From personal experience px 200ii Is a very good choice. However px100ii is even better due to them being open. Ie2 Can't compare, not good enough as well since they're different type.

Dec 24, 2012 at 8:06 AM Post #5 of 8
Try some JVC headphones. Even the $12 JVC HA-S160 is quite decent. The new JVC HA-S400($28) has received great reviews.
It is on my to buy list. I love the JVC HA-S160. It sounds very neutral. It you want a warmer sound, then try the JVC HA-S650.

If you want an in the ear earphone, consider the JVC HA-FX40. It is under $20 and has great detail. Its balance is very bright though, which some love, but others prefer a warmer balance, like the Panasonic RP-HJE355(also under $20). These two cheap IEMs are imo very satisying to listen to.

I have the original Sennheiser PX100. It is okay, however the headphone I usually reach for is the JVC HA-S160, not the more expensive headphones I have.

Read some of the threads here about JVC. Some of the under $50 JVC headphones and earphones are very satisfying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back