Sennheiser PX-100ii Cable Wiring
Jun 30, 2012 at 1:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Redrover34

New Head-Fier
A sad story: The cable on these lightweight headphones got caught in a rotating vacuum cleaner brush (ouch!). It sucked the wire right out of the headphones, breaking them at the solder joints. I want to re-solder the cable wires back to the headphones. The trouble is that I don't know which wire goes to which solder terminal. (It would have been nice if a little insulation was left, but no such luck).

The cable has 4 wires, red, green, copper, and blue. Green is plug tip, red is plug ring, and the copper and blue both go to ground on the plug.

Photos show the 4 solder terminals. Any help here would be much appreciated.

Thanks, John

Jun 30, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #3 of 9
@Shake, thanks for your response. The four cable wires were torn from the four leftmost solder connections in the photo. The ground wires to the two G terminals, that leaves red and green to terminals marked 1 and 2. I'm guessing red is 1 and green is 2. That sound about right?

Thanks again... John

Oct 29, 2013 at 4:50 AM Post #5 of 9
Hi Redrover34,

I know it's been a while, but do you remember how you opened these headphones to access the wires? I'm facing a very similar issue but I can't figure out how to open these.

Thanks

Dec 11, 2013 at 12:35 AM Post #6 of 9
@lektuvas, you need to just pull on the outer casing over the speakers. When you remove the ear pads and see the outer piece/wheel with all the holes in it just gently lever it using another object or your fingers. It should come off after a few attempts. Don't push it, it's been glued on, but it should pop off easily enough. At least it did for me. Hopefully you've solved your problem by now and don't need my help, I had the same trouble you did.

Dec 11, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #7 of 9
Hopefully you've solved your problem by now and don't need my help, I had the same trouble you did.
tmMx1q

May 19, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #8 of 9
be carefull about the switched speakers polarity. it may lead to headache and nausea. that 1G got to be switched to G1.

if you are not sure if the setting is correct do the battery test. take a battery and apply it to the connector. minus goes to the last ring of the jack and then put + on the middle and the tip. both membranes should pop out or in. if you see one membrane to pop in and one out you have to redo it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back