Sennheiser PX 100-II
Oct 30, 2009 at 7:40 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnielee54 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
J&R Music is selling them.

I can't see them & how much? Are they genuine because noone else has them, and what about the UK? They were meant to be released already so i'm thinking something is wrong with them

Oct 30, 2009 at 9:20 PM Post #4 of 10
Oct 30, 2009 at 11:13 PM Post #6 of 10
$70 for them good Lord! If you want portabilty at that price, look at the Nuforce UF30. or for that price you can usually go to amazon.com and find a pair of Grado SR60's.

you have to remember that in the UK the PX100's retail for £40 and the Grado SR60's retail for £90, so take advantage of them.

Nov 13, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by captian73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$70 for them good Lord! If you want portabilty at that price, look at the Nuforce UF30. or for that price you can usually go to amazon.com and find a pair of Grado SR60's.

you have to remember that in the UK the PX100's retail for £40 and the Grado SR60's retail for £90, so take advantage of them.

any news if there released yet?

Nov 13, 2009 at 8:14 PM Post #8 of 10
There is a review on the PX200 II somewhere on here. I think he got em at the J&R in NYC. I would assume they have the 100 as well.

But it is odd that more retailers are not offering them.

Apr 24, 2010 at 5:30 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by rabyburns /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sennheiser PX 100-II

Does anyone know when they will be available to buy? My PX100's has a dodgy connection so I thought i would wait on the new ones but thats been a month now.

If i can't get them soon i will just go for the igrado's i think..

Sennheiser PX 100-II and PX 200-II Foldable Headphones

hi, first post etc etc

haven't seen the 100-II in the uk yet

just wanted to have my say on these headphones

all I can say about the sound is that it still seems extraordinary for the money

but there are issues. the frame and the phones themselves are durable. but the connections are poorly designed for everyday usage. it's all too easy to step on the cable and rip the connector clean off. and even if you avoid that, if you are a heavy user like me, after a while, the cable shears, where it enters the jack housing. it is a woeful design that places all the stresses on one tiny spot. in fact they have tried different connectors, different housings, and rubber around the entry, but the problem just keeps coming back. the cable they use is just too flimsy.

I know this, because I keep going back for more. 5 pairs in 3 years, because I just love the sound.

next time I will look out for the 100-II's to see if this has been addressed. otherwise I might investigate replacing the cable and connectors with something more substantial, but there is no easy way to gain access, it seems to be moulded and/or glued tight.

typical sennheiser, in my experience. their designs are perfect but always seem to use some bizarre and impractical connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back