Sennheiser PX 100: How much sound do they leak and/or block?
Jan 8, 2006 at 9:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

vak

New Head-Fier
I know they aren't made to be a noise canceling/isolating headphones, but I'm just curious, if you have them at a decent listening volume, and, for example, you're walking by people. Will they easily be able to hear what you are listening to or anything, and if you're walking by people or something with it at a decent listening volume, will they normal speaking drown out the music or anything? Can you describe how it leaks/blocks sound at other situations as well?

Jan 8, 2006 at 9:56 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by vak
I know they aren't made to be a noise canceling/isolating headphones, but I'm just curious, if you have them at a decent listening volume, and, for example, you're walking by people. Will they easily be able to hear what you are listening to or anything, and if you're walking by people or something with it at a decent listening volume, will they normal speaking drown out the music or anything? Can you describe how it leaks/blocks sound at other situations as well?

Hey,
I had the px100s for a long time. Loved them for their ease of use in portable situations, folding up/down into case is a great feature. However, they sit flat on your ears and provide zero isolation, for you and from you. I really noticed this in loud situations, riding buses in Mexico, when I left the bus I would realize that I had turned up the sound very high just to hear it. Bad news for your ears. I think they are great for quiet situations where portability is needed but for anything noisy, forget it. I use IEMs now. Good luck, Colin

Jan 8, 2006 at 10:09 PM Post #3 of 7
They don't block out much noise, but you really have to have them cranked to annoy someone else. I use mine around people in quiet settings all the time and I've never had a complaint.

Jan 8, 2006 at 10:15 PM Post #4 of 7
in a school type of environment (walking through halls) i found them to be great.

i generally listen to my music pretty loud so maybe all sound was just blocked. also i dont think people can hear what i hear through the px100s...not in a hallway full of kids anyways.

Jan 8, 2006 at 11:21 PM Post #5 of 7
from my experience It does not leak any sound that is audible to others if you are not listening too loud, for example if your on a subway and turn it up, the person next to you won't hear it due to the subway. only when it's abnormally loud for its environment do other people hear the higher notes.

Jan 9, 2006 at 9:49 AM Post #6 of 7
What about the PX200?
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2006 at 12:48 PM Post #7 of 7
The PX200 block both ways to some extent. I had to give up wearing them for work as I couldn't hear my phone and I don't listen very loud. I use then on planes and they block some of the background noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back